Quantcast

Spooky...

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Update:
It's nice outside, I've got a new shop space where the kids and I are building townies, and Sapa has some aluminum frames in the works for us. Things are pretty sweet i'd say...

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Give us some teaser frame photos. Get that site up!

Are you guys going to do a full line of bikes? DH, FR, XC, etc.?

The site will be up when it's up.... Monsters don't draw themselves ya know. We are avoiding the DH and FR scene, already way too many great bikes on the market to even persue that.

We are making some killer slalom bikes, trail hardtails, xc race bikes and 700c urban frames though... Mickey (AT) spookybikes.com is the best way to get more info. I don't like clogging up message boards with my :spam: .

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
So wait, you say you are reviving Spooky in the spirit of the Original Company, but you're making XC race bikes and 700cc urban frames?

thats not exactly what I remember about Spooky...

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
So wait, you say you are reviving Spooky in the spirit of the Original Company, but you're making XC race bikes and 700cc urban frames?

I distinctively remember lusting over Darkside Easton tubed XC frames back circa 94. To me, "Spooky" was more of a mindset and a lifestyle than just a bike company.

-ska todd

MichaelT

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
home

Jeff,
I could see where you are coming from. I will tell you this and it might make you feel better.
Mickey is an incredibly passionate person for the bike biz and is a veteran without the old age. Once you talk to him, you will see the light. If it means anything to you buddy, I am psyched for Mickey and Spooky. If it doesn't mean anything to you Jeff than you are soooooooooooo off my Christmas card list.. yeah, I said it.... and I have to have cool ones now b/c I just got hitched. Okay, enough of this internet talk....

ps. It was great to see you at MSA, albeit for a few moments. At least you know we let DW out of his cage.

Michael
e.thirteen components

MichaelT

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
home
I distinctively remember lusting over Darkside Easton tubed XC frames back circa 94. To me, "Spooky" was more of a mindset and a lifestyle than just a bike company.

-ska todd
Todd,

Didn't Beau Lambert of Rye used to race for Spooky? I think he rode for Spooky....

Michael

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I love the fact you guys arent building freeride fullys, stick to what you do well at this point then branch out if you see a hole.

Again these trail bike hardtails might be the only thing that could get me off my evil we will see...

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
I remember the Darkside, so nice. I was on a Zaskar around those times, so I can definitely appreciate a nice Alloy hardtail.

Perhaps I am just wary of the Spooky name being revived and being a shadow of its former self, ya know? Like watching Jordan post-bulls. That was enough to bring a tear to the eye. Its like GT now....poor, poor GT.

How

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Area 51
I got a used Spooky Motorhead back in the day, it was pretty sick although the frame bent when I went off a drop like the 3rd day I had it, I really like Spooky stuff and FTW is the awesome welder... he went on to start doing the stuff for Sinister which probably worked better for him because they have more $$$ for advertising and distribution.

At least I didn't get hurt, lol.

Then again most frames don't last long for me it seems like, I wear them out pretty quick.

I agree that Spooky is kind of like Baker skateboards that just has kind of a punk attitude that rocks it. W3rd.

Is FTW contributing to the Spooky 2.0?

-How

How

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Area 51
Lol, yah the Black bike with blue ghost flames and sparkles, that bike seriously had the best geometry for me, rode like a dream, just wasn't quite durable enough for me. I had Risse Trixxy forks and Jupiter shock on it.

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007

Cant wait to see this ****! Have you guys got an aussie distro setup, keen to get one ASAP. Always wanted a metalhead back in the day, but could never afford it!