Quantcast

spreadsheets for MAC?

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
I am a windows gal myself. BUT, our new club secretary runs a mac, and does not have excel. I would be she's not going to buy it either. What else is out there? Does OpenOffice have a mac version? Other ideas?

thanks

gg

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Neo Office will work, but it's slow, isn't fully compatible with Office documents, and generally sucks. I use it on my work Mac because they're too cheap to buy me Office. Open Office is slower, and even more of a pain to use.

There's Google spreadsheets, but in my limited experience it's not much good either.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
I'm pretty sure it's Apple Numbers, not Pages (the word processor). Anyway, I got the new iWork08 and tried using Numbers a couple of times. Can't get it working properly, even the basic stuff (maybe it's because I'm trying to mimic what I would do on Excel...). Sure, it's all nice and all with the interface and the UI plus it UB, but Excel is just way better IMO. Office BU should be out in a not to distant future, it will torch iLife08 i'm pretty sure (exept maybe for Keynote)

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Yeah, Numbers is pretty much the dope!

and the whole suite of Numbers, Pages and Keynote is, what, $90?

totally worth it.
Yeah can't beat that! I like pages better than word too.