Quantcast

Spring enhanced seat posts?

elf 232

fewchur serjin
Jan 5, 2007
Im in your head
ok first off id like to ask every1 what they thing of the seat posts you see with springs on the cruisers, and b4 a couple of days ago i thought that they were just a stupid cheap idea, but then i saw one on a proffesional's DH bike, does any1 know anything about these?

and second id like to say that this specific forum has gotten realllyy really boring, some1 post an actually interesting thread!!:lighten:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I ride a long travel DH bike with 3" tires, a suspension seatpost and a sprung seat with a gel cover. I also hover over the saddle on a cushion of air generated by continuous flatulence.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I have a rockshox on my xc bike and can say with certainty that it makes a noticeable difference on smaller rocks on uphill climbs.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Actually, does everyone think I should get a suspension seat post for my titanium hardtail? And my 8 inch travel downhill bike?

elf 232

fewchur serjin
Jan 5, 2007
Im in your head
i was thinking actually that it would be in particularly good for a hardtail, would save from spending like 200$+ extra on a FS frame even though it might not be quite the same

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
I used to have one (original CODA) back in the mid-nineties, but found that though comfy, my performance suffered as I lost a bit of aggressiveness. I opted more often to sit and pedal than stand and hammer up steeper climbs.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I run one on my roadbike to piss off roadies I pass. Actually I wanted to try the seat that was mounted to it and was too lazy to change posts.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
btw, elf, have you figured out that isn't a suspension seat post on that dh bike you saw?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
ok first off id like to ask every1 what they thing of the seat posts you see with springs on the cruisers, and b4 a couple of days ago i thought that they were just a stupid cheap idea, but then i saw one on a proffesional's DH bike, does any1 know anything about these?

and second id like to say that this specific forum has gotten realllyy really boring, some1 post an actually interesting thread!!:lighten:
You know what, you should march into your local shop and demand a 100+ dollar an hour salary and a managerial position IMMEDIATELY!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
You know what, you should march into your local shop and demand a 100+ dollar an hour salary and a managerial position IMMEDIATELY!
That's only because he is new. I make $120 an hour at the bike shop because I have experience.

elf 232

fewchur serjin
Jan 5, 2007
Im in your head
:pirate2: im gona run in and demand they give the shop to me for the benefit of the customers:pirate2:

im tired of 10% off sales, 90% off all inventory!

elf 232

fewchur serjin
Jan 5, 2007
Im in your head
btw, elf, have you figured out that isn't a suspension seat post on that dh bike you saw?
not particularly sure what was precisely meant by that but im pretty sure it was a DH bike, couldve been a dirt jumper though, but it was an already FS bike, im not really sure why it was on there....

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
not particularly sure what was precisely meant by that but im pretty sure it was a DH bike, couldve been a dirt jumper though, but it was an already FS bike, im not really sure why it was on there....
Dumbass, it was an on-the-fly adjusting post like a Speedball or Gravity Dropper, and it was probably an all-mountain or freeride bike.