Quantcast

Spring MonkeyFest 2005 at Pisgah NF

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
brokeONE said:
It was a great ride Saturday! Sorry I didn't make it out there Sunday. I found someones red jacket in the back of my truck today.
Oh yeah, that would be mine. If you don't mind, just stash it somewhere and I'll hook up with you the next time I'm up there(should be soon). I forgot it after we ate at that Grand Buffet thing. That buffet was unreal!!!!!

mtnbiker66

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
In a van down by the river.
motomike said:
Oh yeah, that would be mine. If you don't mind, just stash it somewhere and I'll hook up with you the next time I'm up there(should be soon). I forgot it after we ate at that Grand Buffet thing. That buffet was unreal!!!!!
Unreal after biggins bombed the place. :sneaky:

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
soo, who all broke something very bad on their bikes?! I know of one broken frame and one blown out shock. theres gotta be more than that, though.

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
yeh mike next time your up here let me know and you can shuttle perry with me and my crew. glad you could put the m3 to good use. were still looking for pics guys but no rush. peace out. :cool:

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
I actually lost a hydro on my Gemini. Both wheels have to be trued (needed for a while), fork re-oiled and possibbly seals replaced, and new left crankarm if the one I have comes any loose again.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
mtnbiker66 said:
Did you get yours all dried out after the WNC water torture?
hahaha not yet. It drained a few cups out at the campsite. I'm sure there is still a lot of water trapped inside the frame. Time to start-a-drillin. Wet/cold or not, 2 miles of unneeded climbing or not, that was the best ride I think I've had in a very long time. The best way to break in a bike is to drop it into Mills River about 17 times.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
WKC said:
I actually lost a hydro on my Gemini. Both wheels have to be trued (needed for a while), fork re-oiled and possibbly seals replaced, and new left crankarm if the one I have comes any loose again.
hydro? what?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
WKC said:
Hey biggins, when you gonna post the pics you got of the Campsite Drop and Swannanoa DJ's?
i will hopefully have a thread up i na couple of hours. have to load stuff up to o-foto while unpacking boxes at my new place.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
^^yeah, I just took that tape off of those pants. Thanks for waking me up out of a beautiful dream and dutch oven. It was so peaceful...Then BAM! I'm being attacked by a bunch of drunk mountain bikers chanting DUCT TAPE DUCT TAPE HIS LEGS! I luckily defended myself with a quick series of donkey kicks to random parts of the offenders' bodies and retreated to a corner of my tent. such fun

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
ok I am kinda lazy, so I am just copying a post I made on my local forum with some slight editing...

Ok so I am having slight issues getting all the photos loaded up. So here are a few

Our group at the top of the Eastern SlickRock Trail

Teresa(non-Monkey), trying to make it up a steep section

Jason (non-Monkey) walking up the same section

Me coming back from a 30mile ride It was a LITTLE muddy. BUT DAMN, can you tell I just had FUN?

Lou (LooNatic) coming back from riding Thrift Cove to Black Mountain

RideMonkies loading up for a day at of Shuttling in N Mills

Telling us what we already knew! That we had to freaking WALK 1.5 miles from the locked gate on the Parkway to our vehicles, then drive ALL the way back to Asheville and around to N Mills. At least it wasnt snowing, oh wait YES IT WAS

Good times

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
From Saturday

The view from the Shuttle drop-in Point

After the first short descent we regroup at the Trace/Spencer intersection

Some minor adjustments to the Yeti

Just after the first short climb to the top of Trace, its all downhill from here

The gap at the end of Trace

Lots of waiting for the Shuttle vehicles to return

And finally me checking to make sure the luggage cart goes downhill good :blah:

Crazy Camye

Chimp
Apr 21, 2005
Cool Pics ..Glad we (the raleigh folks)made it down and Just in the nick of time did we meet yall on Sat. ..Nice ride that day...Kudos to the guy (cant remember your name)from SC that did Laurel ,Pilot and Slate on the Rigid SS and rode from the parking lot ..and too the Happy go Lucky gal from Fl. after the 10 plus river crossing they had and getting a bit off track she was all smiles and Big Grins most folks would have been not so happy she def, has the right attitude..Glad yall made it up from Fl. again was nice to ride with all of yall ...hope Sun was a good ride we did the XC ride on Sun. Dang it as COLD on top of Laurel!!
Peace and Bike Grease
Camye
BTW next time yall are down look into Deerfields.com nice place to pitch a tent and private land

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
heeeeey we didnt get off track. i knew exactly where i was taking them and it was more like 15 river crossings. :)

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
rb, post all these pics in the other thread with my pics. nice luggage cart by the way but it looks a little flexy. Can i get one in rootbeer?