Quantcast

Spring rate on a Uzzy DH?

Locosrus

Chimp
Dec 18, 2001
Fran sancisco
I just got my intense back from getting a paint job and they swapped my spring since the one it had was too soft (from previous owner) they asked me my weight and suggested a 850lbs spring but now I can't even move it!
Any body out there own one this things? I weight a feathery 210 lbs and would like to get a ballpark figure so I can send this one back and ask for the correct spring

Micro-Sanjay

I invented Erbon Assolt
Nov 26, 2001
Tustin- not in OC
not so sure of the actual spring rate for specific rider on the Uzzi DHs but if it helps any, the springs come 50 lbs incerements. But you probably knew that... But my friends who ride M1s and weigh around 200 lbs, they run 700-750 springs...

G

Gutty

need to know shock stroke and actual rear travel just to get a ballpark figure.

If I am remembering correctly, Rider Weight * Leverage * 1.4 gives a general starting point.

For example if you have a 2" shock on a frame with 6" of travel your leverage is 3:1.

So 210 * 3 * 1.4 = 882 pound spring.

Keep in mind this is only a rough guide as all bikes vary depending on suspension design(falling rate,linear,rising rate).
As do riding styles........so whats your shock stroke?

Flipper

Chimp
Nov 19, 2001
Southern Ontario
A 700 or 750 spring should work for your weight. I have an uzzi Dh and weigh 210 or so, but it really depends on what type of riding you use the bike for and how stiff or loose you like the suspension setup. If you like doing drops the 850 would suit your needs.