Quantcast

Springrates for RM Flatline 08

SirRidealot

Chimp
Sep 23, 2009
The Bike Park
I am looking for a chart of springweights for the Flatline 08. It's my girlfriends so it's a bit hard for me to test it to see if it feels right and she hasn't really tried that many bikes and can't tell if it's right.

Does anyone have a chart or a link to one?

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Flatlines have a sag point they sit in. The suspension has a falling rate initially then ramps up at the end.

For instance, I have a 550lb spring on mine and if I use the TF tuned calculator, it tells me I need a 400... My sag is a perfect 33% and I don't feel the need to change to something softer.

What kind of sag measurement do you get if she sits on the bike?

Tracer Tong

Chimp
Mar 21, 2009
Uncle Cliffy, I weigh about 260 with all my gear (and a full hydro pack), I run a 600 pound spring on my flatline. You think that sounds about right?

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Uncle Cliffy, I weigh about 260 with all my gear (and a full hydro pack), I run a 600 pound spring on my flatline. You think that sounds about right?
It's probably pretty good I'm guessing. FYI, I'm probably 205 geared up on mine and it's good. Maybe comes down to personal preference. What shock are you running?

SirRidealot

Chimp
Sep 23, 2009
The Bike Park
I have to check that when she gets home. But I would also like to know how much air pressure I should put in. It was 150 psi in it now (dhx4). I run 140 in mine after Evil's recomendation for my bike. That should affect the sag, right?

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
I have to check that when she gets home. But I would also like to know how much air pressure I should put in. It was 150 psi in it now (dhx4). I run 140 in mine after Evil's recomendation for my bike. That should affect the sag, right?
You won't notice a difference.

Since you mention the Evil, have you been on both bikes before? I'm asking because the Revolt's been on my list for a new frame for a while now... I've been curious of a ride comparison.

Tracer Tong

Chimp
Mar 21, 2009
It's probably pretty good I'm guessing. FYI, I'm probably 205 geared up on mine and it's good. Maybe comes down to personal preference. What shock are you running?
DHX 3, Marz 888rc. It's an ex-rental from Summit Sport at Whistler. It's a good ride, makes me wish I was a better rider.

SirRidealot

Chimp
Sep 23, 2009
The Bike Park
Since you mention the Evil, have you been on both bikes before? I'm asking because the Revolt's been on my list for a new frame for a while now... I've been curious of a ride comparison.
I haven't ridden the flatline since she has a small (also from Summit btw.) but as far as the Evil goes I am so happy with it. The linkage works so good and it's an awesome company to deal with. But, that being said, I have ridden with a bunch of people that love their flatlines and the 2010 is a big improvment according to them (they were testriding them all summer).