Quantcast

SPV Evolve adjustment

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
OK, I have the fork on the bike. The question I have is the SPV Evolve adjustment. For more of a DH ride, I was told that 65 psi is a good place to have the pressure.

However, the volume adjustment (red 16mm) is where I'm wondering what is a good starting point...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
sirknight6 said:
OK, I have the fork on the bike. The question I have is the SPV Evolve adjustment. For more of a DH ride, I was told that 65 psi is a good place to have the pressure.

However, the volume adjustment (red 16mm) is where I'm wondering what is a good starting point...
http://www.answerproducts.com/manuals/05eng.pdf?cvar1=12/21/2005+10:35:49+AM

1. Body weight?
2. Fork model?
2. The Volume Adjustment knob is optional, and I know many people who have never adjusted it. I wouldn't play with it unless you know what kind of performance you want.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I saw that, I went to the site like the manual had suggested and did not find anything. That's not to say that there isn't.

I was told that 65 psi is a good start...so, time to start riding and dialing it in.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
You can run whatever pressure feels right. I had it up to 100 psi and talk about a little harsh. Plus I messed with the red dial you can turn in/out to change the air chamber. If you turn it all the way in it's like having no suspension. I turned it in 1 full turn, maybe 1.5 turns to get it to be more progressive towards the bottom.

I hate all the things you can "dial" in. Sometimes it takes the fun out of just being able to bolt it up and ride. You know what I mean?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Spunger said:
You can run whatever pressure feels right. I had it up to 100 psi and talk about a little harsh. Plus I messed with the red dial you can turn in/out to change the air chamber. If you turn it all the way in it's like having no suspension. I turned it in 1 full turn, maybe 1.5 turns to get it to be more progressive towards the bottom.

I hate all the things you can "dial" in. Sometimes it takes the fun out of just being able to bolt it up and ride. You know what I mean?
yeah, I fully agree...