Quantcast

SRAM Cage Lock

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i can see it helping newbs who are new into biking while trying to demo rear wheel removal in the store, but after they practice, this would be unnecessary.
I can see it being good for anyone who has to remove their rear wheel often for chucking the bike in the back of a car. It is a real pain in the ass prepping for a post work ride in the morning and getting a bit greasy getting the bike in the car.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Interesting. Since my pop taught me how to rechain a bike in the late 80s, I haven't really had much trouble with it. Now that everybody is inventing different axle standards on a daily basis, it's far less difficult than it should be.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
If I were a betting man I'd say that's just a feature of the new deraileur that is their answer to shadow plus. They released the silly infomercial to get people talking and pondering rather than just coming strait out with it.

armada

Monkey
Aug 27, 2010
Do normal people with average hand-eye coordination really have that many problems with changing a tyre??? wouldnt a xtr without shadow plus be a little lighter? :D

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Do normal people with average hand-eye coordination really have that many problems with changing a tyre??? wouldnt a xtr without shadow plus be a little lighter? :D
have you ever worked in a shop and tried to show someone who has never taken off a rear wheel, how to do so?

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here