Quantcast

Sram Codes- rotors and pads

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
Trashed the rear rotor on my code rsc's this weekend and looking to bump it up to a 200mm, already have the adapter ready to install, was thinking hope floating rotor, but there are clearance issues with the brake mount from what I have read online. Anyone have any recommendations outside of SRAM centerlines? Also looking to order pads, buring through the stock ones pretty quickly-Boise area riding is dry, dusty, long climbs and big descents with lots of creek crossings from now through mid summer so brakes howl like a mofo. Thanks!

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
I’m running a 200mm Ice Tech rotor up front and it works well, but it’s harder to align than the stock rotors. Super happy with Trickstuff pads, very powerful with good modulation, but they wear rather quickly. I’d still get them over all other pads I’ve tried.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
I had really good luck with the top of the line icetechs and mid grade 2 pieces. I thought there was some weird issue with Shimano rotors oneam brakes?
The Shimanos are slightly larger at 203mm, so I’m not sure if they’ll work with a SRAM adapter without some additional spacing. Don’t know if it’s a common issue or even relevant for your rear brake, but I had to move the brake saddle really close to the spokes to make the Code work with the Shimano rotor on my 36.

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
I use the HH version - part # CFA616HH. I was using EBC Reds, but they wear out very very quickly.
I'm in USA and get 'em from https://perfectbrakes.com and they usually come within 2 days, free shipping.
I searched that part # and found that those are the gold ones. I can get the green ebc pads here but I would like to try the metallic or semi-metallic ones.

My friend in the USA can bring some for me (maybe truckerco brand bec they're cheap) but with the covid 19 thing I don't know if he'll be coming home this year.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
What country are you in? EBC is actually a UK company I think.

I searched that part # and found that those are the gold ones. I can get the green ebc pads here but I would like to try the metallic or semi-metallic ones.

My friend in the USA can bring some for me (maybe truckerco brand bec they're cheap) but with the covid 19 thing I don't know if he'll be coming home this year.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
I told you guys, I am willing to shop some and send a parcel over the pond. You then would have to spread em...

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Mods, Flo is offering brake pads in exchange for sexual favors again....

Couldn't find the correct ones (Power 840) in the States either. This seller has some other models in stock, maybe he can get the ones for Codes as well. Otherwise, you’d have to go with one the german stores such as r2, but that only makes sense if you need other stuff that’s comparatively cheap over here. Overall probably not worth it.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I ordered some off bike24 in Germany (to the US) and it was about 42 bucks for 2x pads plus shipping, which doesn't seem that horrible.

They're a lot stronger than the stock metallics, and also quieter. No idea how long they'll last, but based on power and lack of howling, 10/10 would recommend.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
If you don't need the absolute pinnacle of power, go for the standard pads. They are just a hair less powerful but last way longer.

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
What country are you in? EBC is actually a UK company I think.
I'm in the Philippines. Although if the Trickstuff pads are as good as they say are then $42 for a pair isn't bad and my friend could likely get that for me.