Quantcast

SRAM does something that doesn't disappoint

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

wireless blips that cost less than wired blips that pair with most people's already existing setups and don't require a $1000 outlay to add. Better, cheaper, and not more proprietary. What were they thinking? I'll be scooping up a set to add to aero bars or on the drops for crits.

OK go back to arguing about who has worse trails....

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I don’t know what this is about, but don’t mess with Texas.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
More ways to wind up sitting trailside with no ride.
I have 1000 miles on my AXS wireless setup, including a few rides where I didn't check and the battery was already low before heading out....and got home just fine (with no spare). You could even add a 10 gram battery to your pack or camelbak if this is something that really scares you. Zero difference between a broken cable and a dead battery, I should point out, except that the battery gives you a significant warning before it's finally dead. Do you ride with a spare cable and housing in your pack?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Non reusable $99 blips that still require a controller? kinda defeats the point doesn't it?
Requires a controller for setup. These are for aero bars or sprint shifters.

I do agree that a "recycleable" shifter is bullshit, they should have the ability to crack em open and replace the battery. Somebody will figure that out in the 4-7 years they last for, I would wager.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'll consider an electronic shifting setup after I burn through the case of shifter cables I bought 15 years ago for $40. I've used about 20 of them since then, so in 80 years or so at this rate.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'll consider an electronic shifting setup after I burn through the case of shifter cables I bought 15 years ago for $40. I've used about 20 of them since then, so in 80 years or so at this rate.
I have a 500 bottle of cable end caps that might take me a similar duration.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I have 1000 miles on my AXS wireless setup, including a few rides where I didn't check and the battery was already low before heading out....and got home just fine (with no spare). You could even add a 10 gram battery to your pack or camelbak if this is something that really scares you. Zero difference between a broken cable and a dead battery, I should point out, except that the battery gives you a significant warning before it's finally dead. Do you ride with a spare cable and housing in your pack?
I actually do carry a spare cable. Came in handy before when I had one break mid-ride. No housing though, never found the need for that.