Quantcast

SRAM Experts X.0/X.9 Derail Compatibility?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
So I have 2 derailleurs with missing parts that I’d like to just piece together instead of buying a new X.0…

-2010 X.0 w/ good body and a broken short cage
-2011 X.9 9spd with a good short cage

Can I take the X9 cage off of it’s body and use that on the X.0 Body? Quick eyeball makes me think yes but I’m not positive.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
just worried about taking my somewhat functioning x9 apart and not being able to get teh spring position in properly again...

do you happen to remember wasn’t compatible? the 2011 x9 is very similar to the old with the exception of the cable routing which sucks on the new one.

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
It should work. If not I know you can get replacment parts. My brother just rebuilt one with parts he picked up.
VM

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
the "new" routing is what they used before they went to the horrible design that they had for 2010.

edit: this sucks:
well that part that 'doesnt suck' is what broke off and ruined my ride this weekend. That new POS cable routing blows...The old x9 that you have pictured was a rock got 3 seasons out of one in the past...the new x9 5 days

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
It should work. If not I know you can get replacment parts. My brother just rebuilt one with parts he picked up.
VM
cool he actually mixed the 2 levels of components? carbon cages are avail but they are wacky expensive...better of just buying a new x.o

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
well that part that 'doesnt suck' is what broke off and ruined my ride this weekend. That new POS cable routing blows...The old x9 that you have pictured was a rock got 3 seasons out of one in the past...the new x9 5 days
cable routing has nothing to do with you breaking it :rolleyes:

i dont think SRAM would go back to their original design if it was a "pos." then again this is SRAM we are talking about

Freeridin'

Monkey
Oct 23, 2006
Colorado
As far as I know you can not replace/ take the cage for the X9, I am fairly certain that there are a few pieces that are press fitted.

The XO however is completely rebuild able with XO parts. Cage, pulley, and spring assemblies are available for around $80.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
As far as I know you can not replace/ take the cage for the X9, I am fairly certain that there are a few pieces that are press fitted.

The XO however is completely rebuild able with XO parts. Cage, pulley, and spring assemblies are available for around $80.
in my quick look when i left for work this am that is what i was afraid of...i'll prob go the rebuild route, thanks for the heads up.