Quantcast

SRAM to buy E13? just a rumor now...

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Thats a good one. I can tell you with 100% certainty that there have been no discussions whatsoever about SRAM purchasing e.thirteen. Makes for a quality rumor though!

Dave

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Why? Its not like SRAM steps in and destroys the companies they buy. Its hardly like Procycle and thier brilliant moves, or Pacific. In fact, just the opposite has happened. They either let the companies do what they do best, or help them to improve.

The Pike and Reba are a huge step up from previous RS forks, and the 06 stuff looks off the charts. This is obviously some kind of benefit to thier partnership with SRAM, either through increased access to funding, engineers or whatever.

Seeing as how SRAM has kept all the companies close to how they were before the purchase, how do you see it as a negative? With thier increased budget, I can only see it as a positive, assuming john and company stay put.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
HAHA....i could just see dave pigeonholed in some **** cubicle looking at TPS reports : "f*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:tf*cksh:t"

for some wierd reason, i could never see dave's OCD ass working for someone else....hahahaha.....paints a good mental image

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Dave, I heard you were actually Bryson Martin's brother and that you are actually plotting to sign up with SRAm and smuggle out secrets to Marzocchi under the table in return for a seven figure deal....

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
dw said:
Thats a good one. I can tell you with 100% certainty that there have been no discussions whatsoever about SRAM purchasing e.thirteen. Makes for a quality rumor though!

Dave
gosh, thanks for shooting down our rumor brewing :think:

actually that's good news, I hate the idea of a big business getting ahold of successful innovations.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
dw said:

Dave
Dave is just being tight lipped.

e.thirteen has been aquired by SRAM, and Dave is now in charge of SRAMs road bike division. Those new SRAM road shifters that everyone is speculating about? Dave designed those.
Coming from his MTB background though, Dave incorporated a special feature - the left shifter can activate a drop-down chain guide for when you switch to cyclocross mode.
Next project?
Clear Makrolon road frame baby!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Granted I take DW's word over the scammers that have told me similar before, I will say in all my years in the industry (ya ya ya) I was told 4 times "We have not even been talking to these people, what a crazy rumor" then weeks later get a press release that said person had been bought out.
That being said, it is a good rumor...
I heard suntour is buying Brooklyn Machine Works.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
OGRipper said:
I heard that GWB likes mountain biking so much, Halliburton is constructing all the Norba courses next year.
Ouch...that would put me in a weird ethical bind...which do I hate more Norba or Bush/Haliburton...wow, i think for once Bush wins my vote!

-ska todd

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
e thirteen and spram are the best companys for what they produce. e thirtenn can only get better

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
:stupid: You're an absolute idiot. "spram" is not a company and it's already been established that Sram is NOT buying e-13. :stosh:

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
ska todd said:
Ouch...that would put me in a weird ethical bind...which do I hate more Norba or Bush/Haliburton...wow, i think for once Bush wins my vote!

-ska todd

hahaha, classic Todd. I heart u ;)

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
ska todd said:

-ska todd
Nice interview on PB, it was very animated. :thumb:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
zedro said:
i might buy an ice-creme cone later....lets speculate!!!!

I heard from the cousin of some due who gets pinkbike that it's gonna be vanilla...no chocolate...with sprinkles...no wait, nuts...arghh, wait, chocolate dip, in a wafer, no make that a sugar cone...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Adam Novatt said:
e thirteen and spram are the best companys for what they produce. e thirtenn can only get better
i knew there was a reason you were on my ignore list... come to think of it, why did i change it ?????????????????????

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
mmm waffle cones.

In other news, that race face guide is ripoff and duplication at it's finest...only they screwed it up just enough to suck. Good job guys! Ugly clothes and bad guides you tried to ripoff from someone else.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
OGRipper said:
I heard from the cousin of some due who gets pinkbike that it's gonna be vanilla...no chocolate...with sprinkles...no wait, nuts...arghh, wait, chocolate dip, in a wafer, no make that a sugar cone...
You idiot my source is impeccable and he says it will be FROZEN YOGHURT AHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA