Quantcast

SRAM X.9 Shifter Problem (internal workings)

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
so i took my x.9 shifter apart because the cable got ****ed up and a piece came out of nowwhere (a black plastic piece thats about 2 inches long) and I have no clue where it goes. it seems li ke it would be easy since its by far one of the biggest pieces in the shifter. Does anyone have a picture of the internals of the x.9 or a technical manual that has one drawn up. I went to sram's site and I couldn't find anything. Thanks

PAMS 25

Monkey
Feb 11, 2004
Métabief, France
I had it happen to me once. That's always a pain in the a$$ when you have to deal with shifters assembly.

Here is a pic of my X.9 shifter after putting it back together, sorry for the blur.

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
wow, THANKS SO MUCH MAN!!! thats awesome. i really never expected anyone to help me out on this one but you never know. i can't tell you how much this helps. Thanks!

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Wow, that link is helpful. I had an idiotic crash at the Northeast Monkeyfest like 4 months ago, bent the shifter paddle on my X.9 and had to take it apart at the campsite to fix it. Haha...I still have my "temporary replacement" XT on there with the X.9 sitting in my car somewhere as a bag full of parts.