Quantcast

sram xo help

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
My buddy is trying to put a new cable in his shifter right now. Does anyone have photos or a how to on threading the cable? its a 2006 xo trigger shift.

Film4food

Chimp
May 26, 2008
alright well i got the cable through finally, and as i was putting the teeth inside the shifter into there position i had to hold both sides and tighten down that allen-key and i guess i just tightened it a bit to much. "snap" was all i heard and i thought it stripped, but the bolt snapped right in half, now i'm not to sure how to replace that bolt any one ever have experience with this?

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
Were you trying to insert the cable without the shifter in the highest gear position? Cable can only be inserted all the way with the shifter in the highest gear position (9th gear, all the index finger clicks maxed out). You can obtain a rebuild kit with the screw you snapped from your local shop (they're available form most distributors).

Film4food

Chimp
May 26, 2008
Yea i did open the bottom not knowing what i was doing, but i snapped that bolt and im really poed and im hoping that i can get a bolt for it and not have to buy a brand new shifter. Also i am a different person that "pinkshirt" he's my buddy that just sold me his dh bike.

Film4food

Chimp
May 26, 2008
Does anyone know were there is a shop in north jersey that carries sram so that i can take the trigger in to order the broken bolt? It's hard to find a dealer when the site is down :(

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
Relax man,

its not the end of the world. Tomorrow morning you can get out a phone book and start calling shops. Will take you 10 minutes.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
as fraser said you have to unscrew the top. Watch how the old cable comes out then grab your new one.

I have found that if you take the new cable and put a tiny and slight j bend on the end with needle nose pliers it makes it alot easier to feed it through that tiny spot.

Film4food

Chimp
May 26, 2008
Yes, i tried most of these techniques of getting it thought, i think it was just so hard because it was my first time doing any major work on shifters. But i am going to call up a few shops and see if they can order me the part. Thank you everyone for your help

Film4food

Chimp
May 26, 2008
I need the Right top Assy. Does anyone know a shop that sells that? or a shop that sells Sram parts?

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
while you guys are solving X.0 problems, my 2006 X.0 rear derailleur somehow decided to spit out the plastic insert and limit screw. I see the limit screw on the parts breakdown but not the insert. LBS has been useless.

Any ideas?