Quantcast

SRP, Specialty Racing Products, Peter Mendes - fraudulent website!!

SkullCrack

Monkey
Sep 3, 2004
PNW
Anyone else have problems with SRP (Specialty Racing Products) / Peter Mendes? I placed an order in January for some chainring bolts. I placed the order online and paid via PayPal. I have yet to receive my order, or even any type of response from SRP customer service. Unfortunately, I waited longer than the 45 days PayPal allows you to dispute a transaction, so I'm out of luck with that potential solution.

I have tried numerous times to contact SRP via their website contact form and also using the support@srp-usa.com email address.

According to PayPal, my payment went to Peter Mendes, who owns Waiteco Precision Machining, which has now changed it's name to Peak Manufacturing. I have attempted to contact Mr Mendes through these channels as well, with no response.

I would strongly advise against doing business with Peter Mendes and srp-usa.com.

If anyone has successfully either received their product, or been graced with a reply from SRP in the past 6 months, please post here. I'd love to hear how you were able to achieve such an apparently impossible feat.

edit: I did a little internet archeology and found they SRP has been taking orders and money without shipping product since at least 2007:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=292380

Last edited:

BeerMe

Monkey
Apr 18, 2008
FOCO NOCO
Screw Paypal. The guy stole from you. Call his local policia or chamber of commerce. You never know, they may be able to help.

SkullCrack

Monkey
Sep 3, 2004
PNW
Screw Paypal. The guy stole from you. Call his local policia or chamber of commerce. You never know, they may be able to help.
If you paid with your credit card through PayPal you can file a dispute through them. They might be able to help.
Thanks guys. Unfortunately I used my PayPal balance when I paid, so the CC dispute won't work. I've tried the numbers I've found so far, including the one on Peak Manufacturing's website. The calls go straight to a personal cell phone without voice mail activation.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
You do know that you can get chainring bolts from your LBS for a dew dollars right?

Sucks to hear that you got screwed but if you need cute colored bolts, there are plenty of reputable sites out there.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
You do know that you can get chainring bolts from your LBS for a dew dollars right?

Sucks to hear that you got screwed but if you need cute colored bolts, there are plenty of reputable sites out there.
says the guy who used to make custom colored stickers for people who didn't feel like their bikes were "matchy" enough. :think:

SkullCrack

Monkey
Sep 3, 2004
PNW

Seriously? My reason for this post wasn't about an inability to get "cute colored bolts." It was to let people know that, while SRP's reputable-looking website would tend to indicate they are in business, they are simply taking orders and money and screwing over the customer.

I know it's only a few bucks, but it's the principle of the matter that irritates me. Keeping others from throwing their money away makes me feel a little better, just like your petty jabs at me no doubt make you feel better.