Quantcast

srry but i got to ask

djbiker

Monkey
Sep 25, 2009
seeing as the seasons going to start up soon (hopefully) and that im outgrowing my frame, im getting a new one. Ive posted up before about the top or ect,but after talking with my dad, he'll drive me to some dh courses and ect. So im going to no longer run ss. I have a norco havoc, and im looking at the banshee amp or yeti dirt jumper. What would you guys recommend that i get so i can go geared (cranks and ect)? I have a budget of around 800-850 for everything i mentioned. Ill be buying from jensonusa for the yeti if that's the choice, for the amp ill be buying from bikebling or adrenaline bikes.

Last edited:

poekie

Chimp
Mar 21, 2009
from that list the yeti as it has dialled geometry and is light but I'd look into some steel frames as well as considering the subforum choice I suppose you'll use it for trails or street...

Flat tyres

Monkey
May 30, 2007
You may have a hard time finding a bike that you can ride dirt & DH. Can you rent at these DH places? I'd recomend that, a $800 bike might not last if the DH terrain is any kinda rough.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
id rock the parker before the avant, never seen 1 or heard anything about it before, usually id consider that a bad thing. a kona cowan DS could be cool too. if i am right, you want a bike that you can DJ and ride some DH on right?

i have a 800 dollar DH bike if u are interested, but it will not dj or not easily.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
id rock the parker before the avant, never seen 1 or heard anything about it before, usually id consider that a bad thing. a kona cowan DS could be cool too. if i am right, you want a bike that you can DJ and ride some DH on right?

i have a 800 dollar DH bike if u are interested, but it will not dj or not easily.
Parker is nice, you can get the frame for like 300 right now from somewhere. You can jump the Avent but keep it away from downhill, the angles do not work well when pointing it down. The The parker has a low enough BB that you could put a longer fork on it and it would stay nice and centered. In fact I think they are spec'd with a 160mm fork which is perfect. All things considered... I think one of these would be your best bet
http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/BI290B01-Jamis+Parker+10+Bike+2008.aspx
Switch the crankset and the fork out and you are set. Pick up a chainguide.

If you can scrub up a bit more cash, this is also a great deal, more of an AM bike though.. http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/18723-018_SETFT8-3-Parts-47-Bikes/Sette-Flite-Bike-W_Rock-Shox-Monarch-3.1.htm

greengreer

Monkey
Apr 27, 2008
NC
Also add on your short list a Soul Cycles Matador. Last I checked they were clearing them out for like $350 w/o a shock. Add in a decent air shock, and a Domain 318 and you would have a pretty sweet all around rig.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
what about a Transition Double or Bottlerocket...You can ride DJ's and DH on both of them, the double would be a handful on anything natural, but the jump trails with man made stuff would be a blast...