Quantcast

SRU - Underground DH Race

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
This will be the only date this Thread subject will be posted...

Split Rock Underground Race
Sunday December 19th
$10 Entry
-Winner takes half the pot
-Free pizza after race
-Good times
-One division: open

Date subject to change to the 4th of December. This will depend on SRC Awards Banquet date. If they don't have it on the 4th. we're moving it up.

For more info email me at: ffatbiz@aol.com
Manny :drool:

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
the course...? five words: fun, fast, flowy and fuming.

quoting the good man Steve M from Team Downfast, "good times."

you'll like the course. times will hover around 2 minutes and 15 seconds. well, that's unless you're a pro dude, then you're talking 1:58.04. :thumb:

mv

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
the location is in San Diego County. Approx. 15min east of delmar. Approx. 25min from Downtown. Email me for details. Can't post them here. Remember this is an underground event.

mahalo
mv :drool:

Sep 10, 2001
MV,
Shoot me an email at work... I need to get you back into my address book anyway... Got a new system and lost all my emails...

Brian

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
lovebunny said:
a certain local mexican kid is gonna win.
I moved away, remember?

Ed: Have fun, guys...should be a blast of an event. Hope it doesn't draw too much attention; it'll probably look just like a normal shuttle weekend to outsiders, eh?

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
MikeD, that's what we're aiming for... another weekending shuttling.

Wish you were here for this one... good times ahead.

manny :drool:

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
lovebunny said:
well i have a feeling the locals are gonna dominate this one. some of them ride there a few times a week. but im thinking a certain local mexican kid is gonna win. unless fronjay comes down
Don't worry, I plan on coming down and taking all the money.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Fonzie18 said:
Ahem, I'm not a kid.
Drink some whisky. I hear it puts hair on your chest. Oh, and I'm taking you down Alfy! Yeah thats right...down to the bars that is. Nah, I'm aiming for a top 10 finish...so thats probly last. Good times.

Micro-Sanjay

I invented Erbon Assolt
Nov 26, 2001
Tustin- not in OC
mtnbrider said:
I have only been to 2 races. So this will be my third.

In an underground race, is there no paper work? Who times it?
I think lovebunny will be racing the peewee class. It's open to underage riders without grom qualifications. I won't be there.

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
SRU is a race. Times will be tallied. No booze unless you have it in your Camel bag.

We're working on whether to run a combo time, one run or best of two runs.... suggestions?

There is only one division: Open. Pros and Ams can battle it out against each other on the same course!

To sign up, send your full legal name, your nickname, age, hometown and what division you usually race to: ffatbiz@aol.com. If you do not have a nickname, we will make one up for you! Make sure you put "SRU RACER" in the subject line of your email. If you don't, it will be deleted and you will not be signed up. We'll try to seperate the speed demons from the Lucy's. Bring your own number plate beatches...

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
FFAT said:
We're working on whether to run a combo time, one run or best of two runs.... suggestions?

Well, we did one earlier this year that was a blast... different location of course. Registration was at the bottom. Manditory push to the top. A sprinkle of rain. Individual timed run. Push back to top.... then 25+ riders lined up for a mob start. Those that got stuck mid pack were either cursing, heckling, or laughing. Results from the mob race were announced but not used to determine the winner. Barbeque, beers and bragging ensued... Maybe a Le Mans style start for the second round? Mob start, 50 yard uphill dash to your bike, UFC rules, then a manditory check point at the midway point where you must drink a glass of warm buttermilk before proceeding... By the way, how long is this course anyways?

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
Holy crap... buttermilk. Damn, sounds like fun. We might have to incorporate some sort of UFC mob start for a second run. Good ****e! But the buttermilk is killing me. We problaby won't have time to run two runs so we'll make it a one run race then pour the pitchers at a pizza joint near by.

The course is going to hover around 2minutes.

mv