Quantcast

SS comuter

Apr 22, 2008
Rotorua, NZ
This is a frame that I repaired using bamboo in place of the steel ones that were damaged. The Sachs 3spd hub is fixed into 1st gear. This bike is more comfortable,(shock absorbent) than my taiwanese carbon road bike, not as pretty, not one for aesthetics. Check out Calfeedesign, Bugati of bamboo and carbon fiber!

Apr 22, 2008
Rotorua, NZ
Thanx for intrest, stuck in a few more of the latest ss mtb I have created. If you are intrested in learning more check out the Calfee website and have a look at the ultimate example of bamboo bikes.

Apr 22, 2008
Rotorua, NZ
No more photos please!
I forgot better **** than you have ever thought of!
Unfortunately this may be the only sustainable thing left growing before a jackass like you will ever realize the benefits of this wonder material. Working on an all natural fiber front end for my next project. I have discovered the most amazing plant called flax which has very strong fibers I use to bind the tubes together. Trying to preserve the green image out here as well as contribute to an industry I care about very much, so pleeze think before you speak!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
So you're saying that you are so incredibly wise that you tend to forget things, or that I haven't thought of the things that you have forgotten, so I'm unwise?

I'd like this matter straightened out right away since now I am busy thinking of things that you have forgotten and trying to remember all of the things that I never thought of.

Please advise.

Apr 22, 2008
Rotorua, NZ
So you're saying that you are so incredibly wise that you tend to forget things, or that I haven't thought of the things that you have forgotten, so I'm unwise?

I'd like this matter straightened out right away since now I am busy thinking of things that you have forgotten and trying to remember all of the things that I ever thought of.

Please advise.
Quiet day at the office? Just a lyric from a song I was listening to that seemed apropriate at the time I read your wonderful 1 liner. I understand you are the king!
Chances are if I had a kid like you I would be beating him with bamboo instead of building bikes with it!
P.S. Save the planet!

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Unfortunately this may be the only sustainable thing left growing before a jackass like you will ever realize the benefits of this wonder material. Working on an all natural fiber front end for my next project. I have discovered the most amazing plant called flax which has very strong fibers I use to bind the tubes together. Trying to preserve the green image out here as well as contribute to an industry I care about very much, so pleeze think before you speak!
With the whole flax thing...I take it you've seen the Museeuw bikes?

Flax 'n' Sh*t

Apr 22, 2008
Rotorua, NZ
With the whole flax thing...I take it you've seen the Museeuw bikes?

Flax 'n' Sh*t

Thanx for that bro, no I was not aware, coolest thing I've checked out since the freecoaster hub was re-designed. The native flax in NZ would have fried out that harvest machine Museeuw uses. That flax in France is nothing like what I work with. As of late have been fooling around with the idea of using flax fiber composite to take my proto to the next level. The flax out here is so strong it does not need to be mixed with carbon. The textile industry in NZ has all but vanished out here because of cotton industry in the states. Ironically I ride abit of road with a friend who makes pantyhose in Gisborne & just discovered the machine they use can weave the flax fibre I have been experimenting with. Glad I learned how to turn computer on, now if I could get this qote thing worked out I will be sweet!