Quantcast

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
the reason its closed during the other classes is because there is more of a chance some SQUID will try it during his race run if he's set up right for it or not! plus if you think about it if they wad up,that will just delay the race and it takes long enough as it is! plus if you can hit it with no problem,then you need to bump up to a more advanced class! if you can jump it, but not in the class your racing in than quit cherry pickin! :banghead::wtf:

S

seespotendo

HELP!
i was reading the rules/guidelines on the snowshoe website for their races, and my bike doesn't have end caps on my handlebars for some reason, and it says that they are needed. so i was just wondering if they have like a bike inspection or whatever? i'm thinking bout gluing like a bottle cap on each end to get past it.
thanks.

S

seespotendo

nevermind!
i just went out and got some new lock-ons with a end cap!
its all good.....

Jul 14, 2008
Fairmont, West Virginia
the reason its closed during the other classes is because there is more of a chance some SQUID will try it during his race run if he's set up right for it or not! plus if you think about it if they wad up,that will just delay the race and it takes long enough as it is! plus if you can hit it with no problem,then you need to bump up to a more advanced class! if you can jump it, but not in the class your racing in than quit cherry pickin! :banghead::wtf:
maybe because of you have to be able to put everythign else together... ig ot 10th maybe at number 2 in weekend warrior but i can hit the big stunts... its called being up to par conditoining and being able to ride at the high level the whole way down to ride amatuer.. something i cant do... :bonk:

wiL

Monkey
Nov 28, 2006
Greenville, SC
Fun race with two fun courses. Some of the most fun I've had racing in a while even though I had a crappy race run with what I now find to be a bruised kidney, etc etc, I had a blast. I think what made my day was laying a fat gravel roost on one of the SS course watchers.

I'm already stoked about race #3 upon hearing rumors of the course...

Summit

Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
here 'n there
Ditto what wiL said, great race fellas!

Thanks a ton to stoney, matt, and the other race organizers for putting on such a tight race and two great courses.

S

seespotendo

i also agree to whats been said above.:clapping:

any idea when the results will be posted?
and will there be a video produced by SS? i noticed a couple of guys with video cameras along the course and im guessing they were there for SS?

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
To the SS crew, great job on the course and race!!! :clapping: I had a grin on my face during the entire drive back to Chicago…….

Also, it was really good seeing everyone again and I hope all of the 40+ guys can make it to # 3.

J

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
HELP!
i was reading the rules/guidelines on the snowshoe website for their races, and my bike doesn't have end caps on my handlebars for some reason, and it says that they are needed. so i was just wondering if they have like a bike inspection or whatever? i'm thinking bout gluing like a bottle cap on each end to get past it.
thanks.
:rofl: Bike inspections? You're not going to get much more than "Yeah, that looks like a bike." I don't know what they'd do if somebody came up for their run on some walmart special with barends and 1.9 tires but I imagine that if you've seen the course and still want to ride it, it's your ass.

Maybe I'm wrong though. Anybody ever seen someone get turned away?

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
i also agree to whats been said above.:clapping:

any idea when the results will be posted?
and will there be a video produced by SS? i noticed a couple of guys with video cameras along the course and im guessing they were there for SS?
Results were posted at ride.snowshoemtn.com today. Also there's a video of the first race that was just posted, so I assume there will be one of the second as well.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
:rofl: Bike inspections? You're not going to get much more than "Yeah, that looks like a bike." I don't know what they'd do if somebody came up for their run on some walmart special with barends and 1.9 tires but I imagine that if you've seen the course and still want to ride it, it's your ass.

Maybe I'm wrong though. Anybody ever seen someone get turned away?
You should see their rental fleet. I saw one bike that the grips were loose and the ends of the bars were ground to a knife edge with no caps. Just a cored liver waiting to happen.