Quantcast

SS to Geared

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
Anybody on here ever gone from ss'in to a geared bike,and if so what did you think?I had ridden ss exclusively for the last two years and just recenctly got a Superlight.It's definetly takin' some getting used to.Can ride longer but seem slower but I think I just need to get used to gears.Also I find I can ride on consecutive days with gears. just wondering if anyone else has done this????

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i felt slower. and i often found myself going into climbs in the wrong gear. also had to learn how to sit and spin, rather than mash out of the saddle.

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
the Inbred said:
i felt slower. and i often found myself going into climbs in the wrong gear. also had to learn how to sit and spin, rather than mash out of the saddle.

i feel slower as well.still learning the "sit & spin" part.you still riding gears or ss?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I started with gears, went SS, and now ride either, depending on where and with whom. I found going back to gears from SS I was faster than before trying SS. I was picking cleaner lines and I was more in tune with what kind of climbs I needed to downshift for.

Going into geared riding with only an SS background will definitely take some getting used to.