Quantcast

SS with a tensioner

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Well I have vertical dropouts and want to run a single speed on a nine speed hub. Should I just have alot of spacers then fix it so my chain line is right? Also what kind of tensioner would connect to a good spot? I'm thinking the derailure hanger possibly. I wanted to run multi-speeds, like 3-5 but I decided because I'm a hack, something would break.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Still haven't seen the SRS, but the post office seems to have recently developed a tendency to redirect my mail that's coming from Texas to Minnesota.

Seriously.

I bought a Hadley/S-Type rear wheel and a set of El Cams from dboatman, and they went missing after he sent them. We finally tracked the package down in MN after getting ahold of the post offices on both his and my end of the shipment.

Hopefully, I'll get everything soon...

And the Playboys are all arriving fine, and promptly make it under my matress so that my girlfriend doesn't find them.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I can try to find the tracking number for you. I'll give my mom a call and see what I can do. It SHOULD have been there Wednesday or around there. I'll give you a call later. Sorry.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Eh, its no worries. Did you send it USPS? I'm going to be riding for a couple hours probably, so if you're going to call, hit me up later.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
I ran a surly singulator tensioner. screws right into the der hanger, spring loaded. I would look into the Rennen ones, seems a little simpler and beefier

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
i ran a tentioner on my p.1 until i broke it off when i was trying a bash grind around a half circle ledge. what i would do if i were you would be to run a big thick bmx chain, and make it as close as possible with half links... a tentioner would work too, but they arent ideal for street riding, because you'll eventually catch it/break it on something. does the porter have a replaceable hanger? because if it does go with the tentioner, because breaking tentioners=destroyed hangers. thats why i cant put a derailler on my p.1 now.

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
My surly got destroyed after a couple of ledge hits. Not suprising, but don't think that it is tougher than a der. I ended up putting a rock in between the messed up surly and the chainstay with tape to create the tension. Actually worked pretty good and looked wicked gnar.

MOTODH said:
I ran a surly singulator tensioner. screws right into the der hanger, spring loaded. I would look into the Rennen ones, seems a little simpler and beefier