Quantcast

SS'ing in Germany

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
since there has been talk here lately about who rides and who doesn t i thought i post a thread showing that i (or at least my stunt double) actually ride... presenting photos of johnE and my good self... last ride forever today in germany for me so johnE and i decided to go german SS'ing... cold as fork.. 35F, too cold for me... traces of snow and a few corners were pretty sketchy on the decent... ice covered with leaves, not conducive to fast cornering but we had fun none the less... let the photos begin...

this is johnE and i after the first climb... takin a breather...

johnE is itchin to go... he wants me to own him on the DH... sorry i mean the 400 metre long scramble... thanks forest meister :(

yeah, the first part of the dh single track had been recently logged and we had to carry and climb over a good number of fallen trees... crap... here is johnE zippin along the trail after we finished our little tree climbing session...

this place is pretty close to kaiserslautern and considering it s proximity to the city, the riding is pretty decent... very similar to most of the woods around this part of germany... vb, you rode this trail.. mikeD, you would have if my arm was out of plaster...

john surveys the trail ahead...

and here is one of some random german stuff..

all in all it was a good ride... time to pack up the cuss and unveil it to nor cal in about a month :)...

STOKED

enjoy the photos... john and i are both part-time supermodels.. there is no charge for the pictures - this time....

later

partsbara

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
We might do a little riding in willingen as soon as the snow clears mate.
Have you ever seen the old freeride course there?
I think its like the German A line (German meaning a lot less gnar) but with lots of fun jumps and stuff.
You still have a bike there with you?

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Kevin said:
O btw,
You look stunning in tight pants.
stop trying to hit on me you dutch fag :)... got on the old trek tights and the rip curl boardies on over da top... aussie uniform kev, god save boardshorts...

everything gets picked up this wed kev... the bianchi and the stuff that is going to CA faster (ie a smaller, different shipment - as opposed to ALL the household sh1t) leaves on tues... everything is pretty much packed, need to throw the bianchi in the trico and i m set...

haven t ridden the course at willingen.. only there for the WC DH frenzy... didn t catch it then :)

later mate, guess we ll ride again in CA... come and stay for a few weeks...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
johnbryanpeters said:
Nice pictures. Hope you enjoy the land where the streets are paved in gold when you get there.
thanks... i will... this place is pretty nice, but the weather is balls... i d be great here if the sun came out more than 50 days per year...

yeah yeah yeah... i know the grass is always greener... :)

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
We are sexy beeatches, arent we...
Partsy, it has been a pleasure pedaling with you. If anyone gets the chance to ride or drink with the bearded Aussie sex god, go for it. Those of us stuck here in Hermany (indefinitely!) will miss his sorry a$$...as he would say, hes a good bloke. Gonna miss ya bruddah!

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
johnbryanpeters said:
You never provided the end of the 28 day story...
no one seemed interested so i let it roll... nothing too eventfull... mass drinking and junkfood... kitchen piled up with trash everywhere... empty booze bottles... what ya d expect from an aussie temporary bachelor... :) good to have the girl come home tho... always is... travelling / the military and the schedules are lame on occasion...

the good with the bad i guess...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
JohnE said:
We are sexy beeatches, arent we...
Partsy, it has been a pleasure pedaling with you. If anyone gets the chance to ride or drink with the bearded Aussie sex god, go for it. Those of us stuck here in Hermany (indefinitely!) will miss his sorry a$$...as he would say, hes a good bloke. Gonna miss ya bruddah!

likewise... good time for sure... we had some decent days on the bikes definately... and to think we could have been at the BX or powerzone... LOSERS !!...

next ride will be in CO or CA johnny... :thumb:

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
partsbara said:
stop trying to hit on me you dutch fag :)... got on the old trek tights and the rip curl boardies on over da top... aussie uniform kev, god save boardshorts...

everything gets picked up this wed kev... the bianchi and the stuff that is going to CA faster (ie a smaller, different shipment - as opposed to ALL the household sh1t) leaves on tues... everything is pretty much packed, need to throw the bianchi in the trico and i m set...

haven t ridden the course at willingen.. only there for the WC DH frenzy... didn t catch it then :)

later mate, guess we ll ride again in CA... come and stay for a few weeks...
LOL No **** you didnt catch it then... You were too busy drinking beer, becoming a movie star and setting people on fire.

Id sure love to come over when I get the chance.
Im starting my own bussiness june 1st but Ive allready made a deal with myself.
Weekends are still for racing and Im keeping the holidays I have now.
Lifes to much fun to waste it all on work.

Have you checked on the sheep population in Nor Cal yet?

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Kevin said:
LOL No **** you didnt catch it then... You were too busy drinking beer, becoming a movie star and setting people on fire.

Id sure love to come over when I get the chance.
Im starting my own bussiness june 1st but Ive allready made a deal with myself.
Weekends are still for racing and Im keeping the holidays I have now.
Lifes to much fun to waste it all on work.

Have you checked on the sheep population in Nor Cal yet?
hheheheeee... you ain t lookin to make another dutch beastiality film are ya ?? :)... and.. i m aussie, not kiwi... :)

what the deal with work ?? same stuff as before except out on ya own ??? good luck with it... work less - play more... :thumb:

lemme know when ya wanna head on over, this year is better than next.. but either way... always a space for ya... sell ya bike in holland and fly back from the US with a brand new one... :clue:

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
hooples3 said:
cool pics.... 35 is not sooo bad once you get moving..:rolleyes:
37 this year for me :(... it s ok, i m younger than that old kook johnE ;)...

we make a pretty good ride team, he owns me on the climb and i overtake him on the DH... good times

how old are you hoop ?? similar vintage i guess...

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
partsbara said:

we make a pretty good ride team, he owns me on the climb and i overtake him on the DH... good times

He meant 35 Fahrenheit I reckon...ya kook.;):rofl: :rofl: ...and anyway it's not an MPV anymore it's an MPSW- multi purpose sports wagon. IT'S THE FUTURE:rofl:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
valve bouncer said:
He meant 35 Fahrenheit I reckon...ya kook.;):rofl: :rofl: ...and anyway it's not an MPV anymore it's an MPSW- multi purpose sports wagon. IT'S THE FUTURE:rofl:
I wonder if it comes with a little certificate that says:

"Congratulations. You are not driving a minivan. Really. It's not a minivan. Seriously. Not a van."

:D

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
SkaredShtles said:
I wonder if it comes with a little certificate that says:

"Congratulations. You are not driving a minivan. Really. It's not a minivan. Seriously. Not a van."

:D
I am having my certificate framed. Still having problems deciding what sunglasses to wear in it...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
valve bouncer said:
yeah ok, i m a slow learner :).... bein 36 and ridin in 35 F is just plain wrong... poor old bastard that i am...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
JohnE said:
I am having my certificate framed. Still having problems deciding what sunglasses to wear in it...
i reckon ya e bay it and find some original 80s oakley razor blades :)... pink top piece with fluro green arms...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Damn.

I can remember when my beard was the lenth of your goatee.

Good pics.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
stevew said:
Damn.

I can remember when my beard was the lenth of your goatee.

Good pics.
thanks steve, and to all that have appreciated the snaps... thought you guys might like to see a parting shot of germany...

if i had it my way the goatee would be 3 times longer... i trimmed it 2 weeks ago... it was about 3"s longer... gotta keep the missus happy yeah :)... she gets on my case when it gets long...

arrrrrrrrrrr - grey beard :rofl:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
partsbara said:

33 yrs young... i still cant believe it

and yes i did mean the temperature

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
partsbara said:
hheheheeee... you ain t lookin to make another dutch beastiality film are ya ?? :)... and.. i m aussie, not kiwi... :)

what the deal with work ?? same stuff as before except out on ya own ??? good luck with it... work less - play more... :thumb:

lemme know when ya wanna head on over, this year is better than next.. but either way... always a space for ya... sell ya bike in holland and fly back from the US with a brand new one... :clue:
Same work and more, anything I can get my hands on really.
Ive bought Ollie's van complete with the Alpine stereo/dvd/navigation system, the big rims and the TV screen.
The lucky bastards waiting for a new all black Range Rover Sport with 20" chrome and full options, I guess life really sucks for them industrie guys...
Have fun riding N*... Germany for the germans!

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Kevin said:
Same work and more, anything I can get my hands on really.
Ive bought Ollie's van complete with the Alpine stereo/dvd/navigation system, the big rims and the TV screen.
The lucky bastards waiting for a new all black Range Rover Sport with 20" chrome and full options, I guess life really sucks for them industrie guys...
Have fun riding N*... Germany for the germans!
ahahahaaa.. ollie the yuppie bling blinger ;)... good on him... and you ll be stoked with the new wheels... that is a nice ride... euro industry types must make decent money here with the amount cr@p costs !!!... ollie is one of the good ones for sure... say g day / bye to him and all the rest of the maniacs... you dutch and the belg fellas have been awesome to run into at bikeparks across europe... good men, friendly and helpful... great to meet people like that, refreshing... makes a change from the germans who always seem to have something lodged in their @sses...

lemme know when ya wanna ride nor cal kev, tell ollie to pack his bag as well !!!

adios