Quantcast

SST 1-15-05 pics

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
hmm i was riding some XC thru there sorry if i rode thru without sayin hi i was still around 4 miles from home and getting colder and wetter.

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
Thanks for the pics, Jason. Nice camera, BTW. It was a great day to ride. At first, I noticed the sound of my tires on the frozen graound! That was cool! It's always fun rding out there with friends. :dancing:

And forgive me, corporatefailure, I forgot your name! Doh! :nuts: I'm lame....

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
Nice pics, X6 don't feel bad. It started spitting sleet while i was down at Center Cycle. I started to lose motivation, But Steve got me pumped back up to go. By saying "by the time you start riding it would stop". I grabbed a bite to eat and by the time i got to the parking lot it was coming down. Zaped every bit of wanting to ride out the window. Only if it had been 5 degrees colder. I would have been ok with snow. Anyways i digress. I am going to give it another shot today. Hopfully the biking gods are on my side and grant me a few hours dryness. :)

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Loretto was there?:thumb::cool:

Somebody (me) overslept. By the time I was ready to go, it was hailing outside. Lame.
Heck yeah I was there! - I told you I would be.

It felt good to be out there - still out of shape, but was starting to feel it by the time I left. The collarbone felt good and strong. Not bad for having a 2 month layoff.

Thanks for the pic, Freak.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
good work on the panning + flash in the first two :thumb:

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Thanks for the comments on the pics. I'm still learning about the new camera that my wife got me for Christmas.

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
Freak said:
Got a few pics today while out riding.....Most of them are of Velocity Girl and Bikeguy100k, but a few of some others.

QUOTE]

Man, I wish someone had caught my bail (so I could show my wife, she was very entertained by the story). Judging by the pics it was just as you guys got started riding on Saturday. I was stoked to ride that dry hard-pack frozen ground, hope it's favorable for next weekend! Missed you down there, Andy!

toughguymagee

Pretty Boi
Jun 1, 2002
crackhouse down the street
Yeah, I might have to swing down and do some riding. We were planning an evening urban ride but icy concrete is not a good thing.

Nice pictures Jason. Good to see bikeguy100k out there. I haven't seen him in a long time.

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
toughguymagee said:
Yeah, I might have to swing down and do some riding. We were planning an evening urban ride but icy concrete is not a good thing.

Nice pictures Jason. Good to see bikeguy100k out there. I haven't seen him in a long time.
When am I going to see you out there, Mike? Huh? :nuts:

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
:drool:
Freak said:
Thanks for the comments on the pics. I'm still learning about the new camera that my wife got me for Christmas.
Those pictures turned out so clear! Sorry I missed you guys out there. I was up at Whistler with 11 other girls skiing/drinking! :drool:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
carbuncle said:
Man, I wish someone had caught my bail (so I could show my wife, she was very entertained by the story). Judging by the pics it was just as you guys got started riding on Saturday. I was stoked to ride that dry hard-pack frozen ground, hope it's favorable for next weekend! Missed you down there, Andy!
Ya...two not-so-good weekends in a row for my bike. I overslept on Sat. By the time I was ready to go, it was freezing rain/hail so I thought better of it.
Sunday was no better. My freaking sinus-headache came back for an encore so that pretty much ruined any riding for me - once again.:mumble:
I should have been the guy taking those carnage pics, Trace. Good to hear you survived that - your description makes it sound like awfully dramatic spillage was had.

Damn, I haven't ridden in soooooooo long (commuting doesn't count) that I might have to re-train myself.:(

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
All I have to say is, the 70 bucks I laid down on my full-face moto helmet is the best investment in riding gear I've ever made. Meanwhile I can move my hand again, and will be back down there this Saturday morning (Julie's back in school this quarter). I'm hitting up the Gathering comp Sat night, you going?

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Velocity Girl said:
Dang...sounds like you had one fun weekend :D
Yes, it was fun. One of the beavers is getting married...so, we had to corrupt her last weekend!! :sneaky:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
carbuncle said:
All I have to say is, the 70 bucks I laid down on my full-face moto helmet is the best investment in riding gear I've ever made. Meanwhile I can move my hand again, and will be back down there this Saturday morning (Julie's back in school this quarter). I'm hitting up the Gathering comp Sat night, you going?
No doubt my FF has saved my dumb arse on many occaisions. The times I was only wearing a skatelid, I kind of got away with a few dingers. I chalk it up to my nervous-cat reflexes.
I am pretty sure I'll be at the comp on Sat. so long as I don't snap from not riding in almost 3 weeks.:eek:

Corruption is what makes the world go 'round!:D