Quantcast

SST flowpark on Wed nites?

mazzino

Chimp
Apr 7, 2005
Seattle, WA
First post here....so hello to you all.

Question for the SST riders. Is the flowpark rideable during Wick's XC races? I know how to get there without going on the race course, but not sure if it's shut down or not during the races. If anyone has info I'd appreciate it.

Thanks ... Dave

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
I rode there during Wicks first XC race. It didn't route thru the flow area at all. Not sure about other races since he seems to change the route every race.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
the issue is the walk back up the road....

if anyone was around last summer when wic came in and screamed about the people walking up the road, you will remember that the solution while the races are in effect...walk up the far right line in the flowpark to avoid issue with the xc events...

...and please no "screw wick" posts...thats the way it is :)

just pay attention and be respectful (even if you feel they arent that way towards you) and all are happy...its one night a week...everyone can live :)

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
What Sean says.
If you do wind up walking the road, try to stay single-file and as close to the side of the road as possible.
Either way you go up, be fully aware of any traffic coming down from either the racers or fellow flowpark users. With the frequent airplanes overhead, you can't rely on hearing somebody heading towards you.

Even if you go and have a semi-crappy time, you'll still have 1,000,000X more fun than I will. I'm going on a long road ride tomorrow...WOO-HOO!:think: