Quantcast

SST friday

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Good ride before work today, trails getting dusty already. We dont have much more time to build before summer.

Speaking of building looks like someone has been doing some work on the lips. Glad to see that, but who ever did it also needs to put more dirt on the bottom half of the lip as well, right now they kick the back tire up a bit.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
Good ride before work today, trails getting dusty already. We dont have much more time to build before summer.

Speaking of building looks like someone has been doing some work on the lips. Glad to see that, but who ever did it also needs to put more dirt on the bottom half of the lip as well, right now they kick the back tire up a bit.
which jumps?, sunday-wed its suppose to rain! build good time to build

Sep 8, 2004
It was super fast out there today. I was landing way too low. And worst of all... when I got back to my car... it was missing a window. I hate thieves.

-James.

Sep 8, 2004
I'm hoping I'll make it down there tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I will... it might take me all day to get the new window put in, and deal with the insurance company, etc.

-James.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Dammit, James...that blows serious chunks. Why can't people earn their sh*t anymore instead of preying on those of us that do. Lazy f*cking f*ckers!!!

Anywho, it's suddenly looking like I may be a no-show tomorrow - I'm just now leaving the shop after cleaning/buffing my old bike and setting up my new one. It's just a 'cross bike, so don't get too excited...although it does have disc tabs so I'll be running disc brakes on my commuter before very long!:D
If I do make it out tomorr...er, today, it will be later then sooner.

BB is, from what I've been hearing, about a week away from extinction. Kind of a bummer but I'm sure we all knew that the day would eventually come.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
James that sucks! Were where you parked exactly? Everytime I am riding back from sst I am looking for glass next to my car. I have been lucky so far.

I got my window busted out a few years ago camping on the washington coast, week after I got it fixed it was busted again parking at my trial in Portland. Insurance would not cover it becuse my deductable was 500 and the window was 200 :(.

The lips that were fixed was sandy jump, small jump right before goal post, the 2 small lips after the berms were everyone starts, the lip after rock and roll(middle stepdown). They are not bad but would be better if a little more dirt was added to the base of the lips to make a smother transition. I was a little disapointed in the change of the jump just to the left of the bread and butter step down, the landing was bermed up but the lip was taken out. I guess its cool if the person that changed it was the person that bulit it in the first place.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
just got back from a quick ride down there...

someone has been doing some work on the lips and I greatly appreciate it :) Things are still flowing fast!

The air was crisp, the sun was shining...such a perfect Friday morning rip before sitting down at work.

weeeeeeeee!

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
James anything get taken? I had the f150 window broken down there. Now I park in the warehouse lot. No problems yet.

Sep 8, 2004
Yeah, they snatched my backpack I take to work... mp3 player, shure headphones, psp, etc... plus my work security badge... making it an automatic felony.

-James.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
woot go working for the postal service...now if only my dad would stop being gay we could head down ther

BBTCJON

Chimp
Jun 7, 2005
Break-ins seem to be very common in the gravel parking lot. Is there a better place to park?

Sep 8, 2004
You can park at the lot right before the gravel lot, but its a business' lot... so if everybody start parking there they might not be too happy. I think you can park at the library on 216th or something like that too, but I've never been that route.

-james.

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
I dont know where these f&*^ers are hanging out, however they are in the bushes somewhere watching.

What I usually do, if there is nobody else in the lot, is pedal off down the first part of the trail, and turn the first bend, wait about 20 seconds, and then pedal back, hoping to catch somebody in the act. It has not happened yet.

Not asking everybody to do this, however not a bad idea, to pay attention a little more, and take a quick peek back.