Quantcast

SST Has A Bear?

coiler7

Monkey
May 30, 2005
Kent, WA
I'm thinking it was just some BMX'er kid that went crazy on the blackberries & couldn't quite make it into the trees before just squatting on the pavement but recently someone I know spotted what they think is bear poop out there on the main road to the Flowpark. maybe a dog that went vegan? anyway they said it was not a pile of pellets like from a deer. it was mostly berries, in a large pile like you see on the trails out in the suburbs or mountains.

i seen in the paper there was a black bear that swam across from Vashon Island to Des Moines in May but heard it was caught & relocated to the east, Cascade foothills. anybody seen anything big other than deer, fox, rabbits out there

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003723938_bear27m.html
:huh:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
You go out there alone?!?

In all seriousness, it wouldn't shock me that much if there was one out there. After all, we are taking more and more of their habitat away from them - where else can they go after a certain point?

Hmmmm...perhaps this is the infamous Bainbridge Island bear that now has the craving for more human blood.

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
Wow Andy that is a pretty dark ending there....one trip to inter-bike and you are turned to the darkside :)

And Coiler& I would not worry about the bear...the meth addicts probably got him and ate him already.....which should keep you safe from the meth addicts..for a few weeks

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
I think it's coyotes. Huge, ravenous beastly coyotes. They feed on all the trash people leave behind when they don't clean up their candy bar wrappers, cigarette butts and red bull cans at the bottom of the flow park...

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
Definitely looked like the bear scat you see up at Whistler in abundance! Black turds filled with berry seeds. Look up your scat pics Carbuncle, not coyote looking. Oh he was just scoping out a line, no biggie.

coiler7

Monkey
May 30, 2005
Kent, WA
i seen some damn big 'ol lumpy dark berry-filled turds some coons left @ a campground i used to stay (ok, yes i actually lived there, temporarily). anyways, when you're desperate, oer really hungry, they make for a pretty good breakfast burrito, kinda sweet, too!!!
mmmm, BEEEFY
:clapping:

coiler7

Monkey
May 30, 2005
Kent, WA
that's it i'm leaving rite now & going trackin for bear prints over there, while ground is still wet. taking a camera & hopefully have some close-up evidence photos of any mysterious unidentifiable animal stuff!
UVC (Unidentified VARMINT Crap)

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
that's it i'm leaving rite now & going trackin for bear prints over there, while ground is still wet. taking a camera & hopefully have some close-up evidence photos of any mysterious unidentifiable animal stuff!
UVC (Unidentified VARMINT Crap)
Be careful, we hope to see you again!! :shocked::shocked:

The poop I saw was on the left as you start walking up the road of the Flow Park. Probably washed away by the rain. Let us know how conditions are! We're probably going tonite...

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
hey if you can, set the timer and get a pic of you and the bear together.....I think that would definately make POD in pinkbike :)

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
gonefirefightin thats an awesome idea...I always ride with an mp5...loaded...on full auto....no saftey...but remember to always wear a helmet because you dont want to be unsafe when you ride :)

coiler7

Monkey
May 30, 2005
Kent, WA
Wolverines, I'm certain it's Wolverines. Either that or feral cats.
feral cats?!? well, i dunno...
long as they aint no Feral HOGS, like 'ey got runnin round up on the Peninsula. them crazy wild pigs got fangs & run around in herds fer cryin out loud! BUT now them old female hogs, they can eat 2 or 3 of someone like Andy. - aint reefering to Andy "B" neither...
:biggrin:

Attachments

coiler7

Monkey
May 30, 2005
Kent, WA
buy a gun, thats why you are the top of the food chain.
gonefirefightin:
yep, already got several guns & many a times when riding solo @ sst thought about carrying one of my faves, the SW .357 5-shot snubby. yes, i do have a carry permit. as you know, the bear scat thing is just an ongoing joke thread since one of my rider friends swears she saw some pile of something lumpy & berryish & quite unusual there. The likely culprit is a common Local Urban Sasquatch Youth. (Lucy)

now, carrying a loaded gun while freeriding anywheres would be kinda dumb. tho, have carried it out in Black Diamond (safely; 1 chamber empty) or nearby Tiger Mtn, for cougar mainly but sometimes just use it for plinking.
Thanks for your Military service & major sacrifice plus the Fire Service, too.
Good Luck in your racing next season!!!
:cheers:

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
I need to get back down there, haven't been in weeks. Now that the dust is settled it should be running nice and smooth! Not this weekend, though: Shore tomorrow and maybe Galby Sunday, I'm not going anywhere near Seattle with the Home Show and Seahawks going on and the Viaduct closed. So, is the parking lot off 200th open now?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
It was open yesterday, at least.

Trails were nice-n-tacky, but there are some nice braking-bumps heading into the s-curves. I may head there Thursday and Friday next week to fix that and the run-out for the table as well. Otherwise, leaves were falling at a blistering pace. I'd expect it will need to be raked out by this time next week.

coiler7

Monkey
May 30, 2005
Kent, WA
yep, its been open since last week. nice new & smooth asphalt on the bike path too...
Still wouldn't park there unless you leave your car windows all down...