Quantcast

sst on the weekend

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
i would not suggest riding that place your talking about iridebikes.... they are ticketing in full effect up there now.... but mabye you can use you fluidride sweetness to talk some sense into them!!

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
^^^^^ "fluidride sweetness"....excellent

in all seriousness though, sst was pretty slopy today. That doesn't mean it wasn't fun though. There were six riders and one gimp i mean photographer. sliding around corners was pretty sweet and we managed to broom off all the landings so it wasn't too bad.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
ticketing huh? welp. I thought I heard something about that. It was also a big deal last year about this time as well. although they might be patroling it, or ticketing, I'm crossing my fingers that the weather will convince them that no one will be riding up there.

for those that want to take a chance, and ride some slop, we'll be up there around 11, or 11:30 at the latest.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
Just got back from sst. Rode before the rain and after it came back. Not bad. Traction was good and it was actually a lot of good ol'fun. :banana:

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
for all of you guys that didn't go to 38, you missed out!!! it was a little wet, and muddy, but even with the wet roots and rocks, there was still gobs of traction. It reminded me how much i like riding out there. I would prefer the mud over dust for sure!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
for all of you guys that didn't go to 38, you missed out!!! it was a little wet, and muddy, but even with the wet roots and rocks, there was still gobs of traction. It reminded me how much i like riding out there. I would prefer the mud over dust for sure!
Dude, your an idoit.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Sorry, I just don't think it's right to post about trails that are techitally illigal to ride. Yes, I have rode them and they are far from on the DL. I just take the approch that less is more. I don't think he's an idoit for enjoying his ride.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
everyone knows about 38. everyone and thier mothers. That's why it's patrolled. sherif drove by all the time this summer and we'd just smile and wave. Even if the 5-0 bother to come on here to pretend they ride just so they can bust us for riding illegal trails. They already know about those trails. We saw no one other than the normal crowd who didn't look like they belong out there (honda civic drove by us once...), and 2 hunters in full camo with guns and ATV's... it was kinda weird...

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Apparently my tires didn't get the memo on the traction thing.:rant: It was sweet riding and worth sacrificing the right side of my body for, and maybe next time I go with you I'll have some pads.:cheers:

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
maybe next time I go with you I'll have some pads
Yes! We'll get you pads, and maybe some new sticky rubber. I'm sure we could find some used sticky rubber to pass down to you. I'm sure we could find something that will work for you.