Quantcast

SST race/ may 18th

Dec 16, 2005
Were going to have a DH race on sunday the 18th from the top of the flow park and through to the new DH trail all the way to the path at the bottom of the hill. We will have classes for everyone with $5.00 to race with 100% of the money going to the top three riders in each class. The race will start around 11:00am so come early for some practice runs.

andres611

Chimp
Jun 28, 2007
Is there any website to get some info about the race? I need to know the categories. I moved last year from FL so no DH experience for me, but would definitely would like to get into it. DO you need a license to race?

AZRacerX

Monkey
Mar 4, 2003
Kent, WA
Is there any website to get some info about the race? I need to know the categories. I moved last year from FL so no DH experience for me, but would definitely would like to get into it. DO you need a license to race?
Yeah its posted on the SST web site. Oh wait, nobody wanted a web site for SST...

I'm pretty sure this is an informal race, no license required.

Dec 16, 2005
The DH course starts after the hip to the left after the table. Go through the fence and down to the path stay to the right when the trail splits. The run is going to be about a minute long from top to bottom. Two runs best one counts. Classes will be put togather after we see who shows up. But they should be the same as every other race. This is just going to be like a softies trail jam but racing this time. So its more just to get everyone togather and have a fun day of riding.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
sounds awesome. I'll be down for a little backwoods racing. why not have the two runs add up though? unless times are super accurate the results are going to be really close on a course that short.

and what will the top part of the line be? very top to little mid drop to nutter with the briar gap as an option to gay little flat drop to mid table to the new dh bit? time bonuses for busting out gnar moves?

Dec 16, 2005
Were going from the street up top to outside line to the berms to a right flat coner next to the goal post jump to small drop to table then hip then dh trail. We can add the two runs togather that is a better idea.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Nice sounds like some close-by fun.

However I'll be in Vancover for regionals for crew. :-/

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
oh shucks. don't taco your canoe
It's actually a 40thousand dollar carbon fiber race boat, not a canoe...and you thought bikes were expensive.

But that's beside the point...You'd taco the wheel too if you were on Sun-ringle SOS XC rims. I have deemax's now, so I don't think I'll have to worry about tacoing anymore.

P.S. I've been to SST 8 times thank you.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
in which case I have to question their decision to let you paddle it even more. you havn't told them about the second rim have you :poster_oops:
Well considering the Varsity lights chose me to go with them to Nationals when they win Regionals, I dont think they care.

And for the record...neither was a nose case. The first was a 50-50 (According to Jr. and his photo) and the second was just me bailing because I didnt have enough speed (on a freaking XC wheel, jee!).

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
Well considering the Varsity lights chose me to go with them to Nationals when they win Regionals, I dont think they care.

And for the record...neither was a nose case. The first was a 50-50 (According to Jr. and his photo) and the second was just me bailing because I didnt have enough speed (on a freaking XC wheel, jee!).

how about you guys stop high jacking this thread. I wana hear about this gnarly dh race going down at seatac... not you guys bitching and moaning about tacoing a wheel:nopity:

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I seem to find similar actions between crew and this...

lemonparty.com
Sad part is, I actually typed that into my browser.

:imstupid:
And you wouldnt say that if you spent 3 hours a day 6 days a week rowing so you can take gold at Nationals.

Dec 16, 2005
Timing will be done by start time and finish times being subtracted. We got it all worked out. I'm going to put up some pics of the course on monday if you haven't made it out and rode it yet. Hope to see everyone there.

talusslope

Chimp
Apr 6, 2007
sst, WA
something I would totally do! If i wern't on a bike outing with the troop. not gonna be back till 4pm. hmm hmm. well the rest of you all have fun!

andres611

Chimp
Jun 28, 2007
Timing will be done by start time and finish times being subtracted. We got it all worked out. I'm going to put up some pics of the course on monday if you haven't made it out and rode it yet. Hope to see everyone there.
So, you have the pics coming? Are you also going to post like a map or something that shows the trail. I am thinking of going Thursday but I am not familiar with SST.

Thanks

Dec 16, 2005
Ill have some pics up tomorow night. All try and get a trail map but can't promise anything. It starts at the from the top enterance uses the outside line to the berms then flat corner to small drop then table to the hip to your left then through the fence then just follow the trail.