Quantcast

SST Saturday Morning

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
I'll be down there either by myself or with one other person at 9:00. If nobody responds, then it will be a little later, like 10:00. :devil: Anybody up for some wet (hopefully not too wet) riding?

Tom

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
bikeguy100k said:
I'll be down there around 10:00! I'm looking forward to see all the work you've been doing!
Should be ridable for a while...looks like it's going to get wetter as the day goes on.
I think I'm going to get there just after you, but I'm just going to do some drainage work and maybe some touch-up stuff if time (and my back) permit. ;)

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
And it was a good day as far as digging AND riding was concerned. Hope those bumps didn't upset you too much, Tom.:p

There is another new feature somewhere in there...I'll leave it at that. Won't be too hard to find. When you finally find it, be sure to enjoy it as much as we did in making and breaking it in.:D

Let's see, got there just after 11am and stayed until about 6:30. I think I'm staying away from there tomorrow...might even just take the entire day off altogether.
:dancing:

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
Hey Andy, thanks for all your work out there. I had to bail because I was toast! I'll be on the lookout for the new feature. Can ya give a brutha a hint?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
bikeguy100k said:
Hey Andy, thanks for all your work out there. I had to bail because I was toast! I'll be on the lookout for the new feature. Can ya give a brutha a hint?
Er...um...it's hip? :blah:

As I've mentioned in the past, I'm just glad there are people out there that get off on this stuff as much as I and the numerous others that have worked to get that place to where it is (and is going still) get off on it.
While I do alot of the work there as of late, there have been a couple other folks that have put in even more hours than I have into it. That's a scary thought considering the hours I've logged in there over the last several months.
Needless to say, we are happy when everybody else is happy - right now, I'm as happy as I can be...well, 'cept after I hit the shower.;)

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
bibs said:
a hip? man, i need to get out there..it feels like its been awhile!!
Hahaha, poor Cory. I think you know where I'm talking about - you are the person that spotted this one as I recall.

Get better, bro!!:thumb:

Oh yeah - Mike was out there for a large chunk of the day getting a start on the doubles-to-be. Hauling large branches/small logs from nearby areas. He's a horse!!

DBR X6 RIDER said:
Hahaha, poor Cory. I think you know where I'm talking about - you are the person that spotted this one as I recall.

Get better, bro!!:thumb:

Oh yeah - Mike was out there for a large chunk of the day getting a start on the doubles-to-be. Hauling large branches/small logs from nearby areas. He's a horse!!

oh cool, you turned it into a hip..nice!! :thumb:

Ill be back in a while...new fame gets here next week! then Im good to go...!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
bibs said:
oh cool, you turned it into a hip..nice!! :thumb:

Ill be back in a while...new fame gets here next week! then Im good to go...!
fame=frame:confused: percocets rule, eh?:p
it's odd, 'cuz you basically have to pass up on that big, luscious berm to hit it right. After a pass or two it clicks just fine...once it gets tracked down and a little faster, I see some tree-tapping going on.

You're getting a Demo9?? I'm part jealous and part stoked...mostly stoked.:p

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I hear you on the freeriding thing. I thought after I got my dually a couple years ago that I'd be racing some DH for sure - hasn't happened yet.
Don't get me wrong, I :heart: excessive speed but I just have a soft-spot for flowing all smooth-like.

Methinks you'll like that rig at most of the local spots, but you'll love it come Whistler/Sun Peaks/etc. '05.
Oh yeah, Shore & I-90-land too!!

I'm not getting you all twitchy to ride, am I? :devil:

yea you are!!!! ;) The demo only has a inch longer wheelbase than the turner, its got a bigger cockpit, and shorter chainstays. A higher BB with about the same low center of gravity..I have been doing my homework..and I hate numbers..Im ashamed! Also, the shock is a 6-way swinger with adjustable head angles.(to a point) a life time warranty, not that I had issues with my turner, cuase I didnt. and its made more for the larger of the mamals(170+ riders) :D and at full suspension compresion, the wheelbase stays the same, no need for a "brake therapy" or anything like that. Im pretty stoked, next I will be getting the SX for MTX and DJ's...(when I win the lotto or get student loans) :D