Quantcast

SST slobs...WTF?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Rather than go into a multi-paragraph rant, I'm just going to say this...why the hell can't you pack out what you bring in? Especially bottled water/sports drinks. I mean, it's far less heavier than when you brought it there with you and you can even break it down to fit into whatever you carried it in. If you want your mommy to clean up your mess, then bring your mommy down there.
Weak sauce.
:plthumbsdown:

On the bright side, thanks a ton for bringing the garbage bag and lugging that pile of crap out of there today, Mark (aka - Mr. Bonesovermetal.com).

Thanks in advance for keeping the area clean and bringing out what you bring in there (and any other trail for that matter). Remember, your actions (whether good or bad) have a huge impact on the rest of us.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Ya no doubt, I could not belive the mess that was left there.

I ussally grab a few bottles and take them to the trash on the way out, the last pile of plastic bottles I saw was enogh for two large trash bags. After taking down 4 wheel barrowls of clay and repairing lips I was to tired to deal with it.

Thanks to the person that took the trash out. I will bring some trash bags with me next time. A pile of trash is a great reason for the city to come tare down all the jumps, no jumps no pile of trash, right?

jumping_jesus

Monkey
Jan 23, 2006
in your mind
just go's to show how many people take mother nature for granted and it's really sad to see how many of them are mountain bikers tsk tsk. its poor form to litter the place you so love to play and enjoy life to the fullest. what if the mother decided to crap in your bedroom how would you feel. PLEASE PLEASE be more mindfull aboot the other critters that actually live there.

Jul 8, 2006
Kirkland
Ya it's been pretty clean the last time i was there. Although there were a lot of water bottles where that little bench was. So i just threw some bottles in the garbage bag.

Feb 25, 2005
seattle, wa
Also, I had a talkin' to with a cyclocrosser who was taking a pee on the line closest to the street before he lined up for his race. I don't consider myself an SST "local"; so I didn't want to rock the boat too much. I simply asked him if it would be cool if I peed on the cyclocross course... He seemed to get my point and apologized. He turned out to be a cool guy and I even ended up cheering for him during his race (although mostly just to F with his head). But seriously, peeing right where people are trying to ride? Come on now.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I'd hope it's clean. We took out a overstuffed hefty bag full of bottles, etc. on Friday. That may have been still sitting next to the garbage can in the parking lot (of which there are two cans at - ironic).
I'm hoping it stays the way it currently looks - without having to haul 10-15lbs worth of %*#@ at a time when, all along, people should take it out with them.:clue:

We also had time to do some digging. Nothing new, just touching up anything that seemed to need it (most everything).

Jul 8, 2006
Kirkland
Also, I had a talkin' to with a cyclocrosser who was taking a pee on the line closest to the street before he lined up for his race. I don't consider myself an SST "local"; so I didn't want to rock the boat too much. I simply asked him if it would be cool if I peed on the cyclocross course... He seemed to get my point and apologized. He turned out to be a cool guy and I even ended up cheering for him during his race (although mostly just to F with his head). But seriously, peeing right where people are trying to ride? Come on now.
I think i remember you. I was riding that Ironhorse and that guy was pissing on those first mini berms. Well if that wasn't you then whatevs, but yeh one cyclocross racer was peeing on the mini berms. gayyy. Also, they were like stick to the right lane. So we do, then the racers are like WRONG PLACE!! So they're pretty gay. Well not all, but some. Also, i might be hitting SST this friday since i have no school so we'll see how everything looks.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
There's a good chance the peeps on this forum are not the ones leaving trash behind...
...BUT, word of mouth travels quickly in this high-techy world of ours.

The next obvious thing that can and will be done is some simple signs saying "please, pack your trash out you f-ing loser" - well, less the "you f-ing loser" part. To think even beyond that, we could address the illiterate riders out there and have a picture of a pile of trash with a red circle-slash.

Beyond that, the only thing I could see garnishing compliance would be a tazer.:brows:

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
i feel your pain man. every time i go there now i backpack out all the crap in my backpack, but im getting sick of picking up everyone elses sh*t