Quantcast

SST, this sunday 11/21

Nov 14, 2004
W.Seattle
yah, hey andy i can help you with work at sst ill be there most of the day sunday rain or shine, i think. i saw the post on gohuckyourself about the run in to's with "wik" who ever that is, whats up with that sort of stoff i havent gotten dirty looks from thous people they seem nice, but well i guss i havent really ineracted with them. from what i hear they are a kick in the croch. :nuts:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Our group has yet to have an issue w/ him. It sounds like some of the less tactful riders/builders are the ones with the issues:confused:
So long as they don't push him 'over the edge' and get things shut down, then all should be well. As of now we (original builders) have a tentative stewardship thru Seatac Parks & Rec. over the flow-section with limitations of course.
Thanks for the offer on the help, Frank!:thumb:
I'm hoping to have the last section cleared completely by then (it's tore up but needs a serious raking), so I may change gears and work on a more immediate project. We'll deal with it if all goes well on Sunday.

Heheheh, slaves rock!!

Nov 14, 2004
W.Seattle
Yah i havent really had any problems with them, but yah me and chris would be more then willing to help on sunday. we can also do some repairs on trails that are already there. we get there at 10:30am on sunday. we have been coming to sst for almost 1.5 year now and we want to contribute some things you know what i mean. :evil:
i also read there to that the county or something is or was gonna build a flow park of sorts? is this tru or not? :confused:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Corporatefailur said:
Yah i havent really had any problems with them, but yah me and chris would be more then willing to help on sunday. we can also do some repairs on trails that are already there. we get there at 10:30am on sunday. we have been coming to sst for almost 1.5 year now and we want to contribute some things you know what i mean. :evil:
i also read there to that the county or something is or was gonna build a flow park of sorts? is this tru or not? :confused:
Hell, yeah...some touch-up work would be beyond appreciated!:thumb:
As far as the county flowpark thing, haven't heard about that. I know BBTC is doing something under I-5 along Eastlake Av. near the Fr. Hutch Cancer Center 'hood. It's not going to be anything uber-tech from what I've heard. Last I heard on that, digging is to start in Jan. '05.
I think people are starting to realize the need for bike-parks. Then again, maybe I just have gas.:p

Nov 14, 2004
W.Seattle
that sucks i was hoping for something more techie, but what ever. :mumble: do you think there is any possability of building stuff on the other side of the fence? we are getting a little sqished if you catch my drift. at sst or are we confined?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Yeah, it's too bad it won't be anything tech but at least it's a start. As far as building on the other side where the ladders are, I have no urge at present. I have shown a few aspiring builders the area and suggested they "have at it", but nobody else has jumped on it either. Perhaps that will change this winter??
I'll show you where I am going to be building shortly when you get there Sunday. It's basically at the end of the current stuff on the far right...it will take most of winter to finish, but should be well worth the wait!:cool:
Speaking of SST, I'm outta' here - meeting Pip down there this morning to get some runs in.:D

Neal

Chimp
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
SST was slicker than sh*t today. [Am I allowed to say sh*t?]. Once you ride through the top layer of leaves the lines are super dicey. Can I say Dicey?

That step down in the middle got 'bigger' over the past couple of days. You actually need speed to hit it now. How do these jumps grow?

Actually, come to think about it, the trail is getting longer too. Almost spontaneously, in fact. Perhaps the trail is an organism? Does it eat blackberry bushes?It appears that the trail is extending itself into some bushes. At it's current rate, I predict it will be a mile long in June.

Good news: I saw the Seatac city pickup truck with a leaf blower towed from it drive the entire length of the paved walk way. There's nothing I hate more than a leafy jogging path. The people driving the truck looked as me funny when I drove by wearing my helmet. Little did they know that I was really looking at them funny.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Yeah, we must have gotten there just after you left, Neal. I've seen the guy on the back of the pickup holding the industrial strength blower - that's too efficient for city employees if you want my opinion...hahaha.
The "S-curves" were definitely hairball today...I just did my patented start top right and finish bottom left line most of today. Getting a feel for where the future wallride will set up well. Still not sure, so I guess I'll have to run that line another dozen times or so.
So you saw the nettle massacre I take it? That area will someday be some bridges/skinnies...I'm guessing completion by late-winter/early-spring. I'm HOPING sooner, though.:)

Frank - I am going to try to be out there by 10am or so. I'll know more by Fri/Sat.:cool:

Good sesh out there today as there were a suprising amount of folks on the trails...gotta' use those sick-days I reckon!

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
It's very likely that I'll be there. This is one of those weekends where all my friends need to to either help move large appliances or some such thing. Sigh.....

Nov 14, 2004
W.Seattle
Ho kay sounds good, i think? :think:
were are we gonna put the skinnies and sky bridges? i might beable to get FREE! lumber from a local lumber yard ill talk to my friends dad about that, hes the owner. but as for dicy on the trail yes it is even a little wet ness makes every thing all weird.

Andy- think you can give me an idea about how much lumber might be needed? :confused:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I'll show you where I'm going to build the stuff on Sun. - it's basically along the right side the new tables past the current end of the runs.
FREEBIES are the shizzle and definitely appreciated by any and all!!:D
We shouldn't need tons for for skinnies, but the bridgework will be more wood consuming. I am under the mindset that we can't have too much wood. If that does happen, then we can use the excess over in the ladder area thru the fence...or possibly slip a bridge or something along some current lines??
I believe Aaren even said he has some plywood that we'll be able to use for the wallride I'm scheming.:cool:

Fire Rider

Chimp
Sep 15, 2004
Kent "Upper E. side"
Alright I might as well post something. Some of us will be out there before Sunday to work on some stuff and I will be out there on Sunday too.
I also have some ideas for some low speed tech stuff. I'll fill you guys in on Sunday.

Nov 14, 2004
W.Seattle
sounds good, i was thinkin bridge gaper over the fence? what do u think?
and storage of lumber too. were would we keep it? out there...
and one more thing, did you see that guy named polo on the gray demo 9?
if you knw his screen name? just a nitch

Nov 14, 2004
W.Seattle
right on man...
andy, you have to admit we are getting alittle sqished there at the flow area.... i wasent thinking about were the bridges are already but next to the fence were the old kicker is... just there to the left faceing twards the west.
in that area, but i guss it is alittle over grown.. nothing a little herbaside can handle... :thumb:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Hey, nice sig (got wood?)!:p
Any gap/fence jump would surely be the "kiss of death" for the flowpark, as tempting as that is. We have limits that have to be followed with our agreement with Seatac Parks & Rec. Dept. As long as we stay within those limits, we will be able to expand the current setup. Herbicides are a no-no as well - there is a creek just down the hill.
Man, I'm such a buzzkill.:(
We're cutting new trail, so there will be more room to wander before too long. Another project in the not-too-distant future will involve the overgrown area to the left of the tables at the end, a wallride after the bottom-left gap near the fence and even a middle line up top once the other projects are done.

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Right on, Tom!:thumb:
Judging by the 1st emoticon on your post, I think I'll purchase an athletic-supporter...hahaha!!

Oh, Frank...

Heheheheh!
Andy, you'd better buy a steel plated one! :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :D

Has the second table in the new line gotten a little better? Is the approach to them any different? (After your favorite hip/tree tap/face plant line?) :evil:

Nov 14, 2004
W.Seattle
okay,
i was just kiddin about the herbasides, not a good idea. :nope: i was thinking, i am really stoked about the whole ladder deal, (it kept me up last night till 2 or 3). were we could intergrate a bridge to some thing thats already there, well ill show you sunday were. :evil:

Nov 14, 2004
W.Seattle
Hey, well i got to get goin i am taken my comp in for work :nuts: so i wont be one for a few days.
andy- ill be there sunday(this sunday) at 10am sharp,
see you there.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
bikeguy100k said:
Andy, you'd better buy a steel plated one! :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :D

Has the second table in the new line gotten a little better? Is the approach to them any different? (After your favorite hip/tree tap/face plant line?) :evil:
That (table line) isn't my "baby", so I've been working on other stuff. I think we're going to wind up shortening the 1st table a couple/few feet and perhaps make the takeoff/landings a foot higher to accomodate the 2nd table.
After the first work sesh on that section, I figured we'd be close to done by now. As-is, that ship is not only dead in the water, it's also taking on alot of water and sinking.:stosh::(

Bridgework - for now, the only area I'm building any bridgework will be in the section that I spent 2 solid days cutting open. After that's done, I will consider other options. For now, that area will consume alot of my working and riding time.:monkey:

gooch

Monkey
May 16, 2002
Outside Seattle
Neal said:
That step down in the middle got 'bigger' over the past couple of days. You actually need speed to hit it now. How do these jumps grow?

Is that the one right before the table top? How much bigger did it grow??

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I may have to pass on tomorrow. My back is pretty stiff right now between digging and a minor digger. I'll know more when I wake up tomorrow - if I can get out of bed, then I may give it a go.
Heads-up on the second table on that line...it needs to be packed down. Mike and I moved it back a few feet and barely got dirt on it before it got dark. I think Mike will be there tomorrow to finish it up.

mserko1

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Andy, I think that the new landing that me and tage helped you build along with that guy needs to be a little bit taller and a little steeper. Unless you hit it just in the right spot it is still a little rough. Other than that spot everything is REALLY smooth and lots of fun. Nice job!!! Keep up the good work!!

-mike

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
mserko1 said:
Andy, I think that the new landing that me and tage helped you build along with that guy needs to be a little bit taller and a little steeper. Unless you hit it just in the right spot it is still a little rough. Other than that spot everything is REALLY smooth and lots of fun. Nice job!!! Keep up the good work!!

-mike
Thanks!
That was Polo and Caryn(sp) that initiated the renovation. I showed up in time to provide some extra manpower.
Thanks a ton (Mike AND Tage) for the help moving that dirt!!:thumb:
We'll have to see how it holds up after a few days or so as far as tweaking with it. I already found my sweet-spot on that drop, so maybe some more runs on that will provide you w/ yours.:cool:

p.s. - You two are really warming up to that place in a hurry! You're not the same kids that I recall seeing down there a couple months ago. KEEP IT UP!!:)

DBR X6 RIDER said:
I'll show you where I'm going to build the stuff on Sun. - it's basically along the right side the new tables past the current end of the runs.
FREEBIES are the shizzle and definitely appreciated by any and all!!:D
We shouldn't need tons for for skinnies, but the bridgework will be more wood consuming. I am under the mindset that we can't have too much wood. If that does happen, then we can use the excess over in the ladder area thru the fence...or possibly slip a bridge or something along some current lines??
I believe Aaren even said he has some plywood that we'll be able to use for the wallride I'm scheming.:cool:
Andy,

Just from experience on the trail I've been working on, plywood doesn't last long and is prone to deteriating fast. With the monsoon season amongst us if you were to put some ply wood up now it would be crap by spring. Just some helpful 2 cents being flung your way.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Thanks for the heads-up on that, Josh. I plan up putting as much 2X4, etc. on the backside as humanly possible to prevent flex, etc. because I know it will get used and abused in a hurry...especially after seeing the mobs of riders that are there on the weekends as of late.:eek:

Tom - thanks again for the lift and assistance with the wheel/tire. YOU'RE A FREAKING HERO-AND-A-HALF!!! Thanks as well for being a willing test-pilot on the tables.:cool:
I guess you should have been the one sporting the steel-plated jock, eh?:nuts:

Frank & Chris - sorry I didn't get a chance to check out the renovations you did to the center line. Since I still don't have a job, I'm going out there on Tues, Wed, and Friday to work and ride...mostly work. Needless to say, I will give it a go on that. I've never been a huge 'fan' of that line myself, but maybe I will cozy up to that line more since it's been dialed in a little more. Who am I kidding, I'm a whore to the far right line and some of the bottom left stuff. Miracles happen, though.:p

Good showing out there this weekend - riders of all levels on all kinds of bikes all after the same thing...FUN!!!:D