Quantcast

SST, this sunday 11/21

DBR X6 RIDER said:
Thanks for the heads-up on that, Josh. I plan up putting as much 2X4, etc. on the backside as humanly possible to prevent flex, etc. because I know it will get used and abused in a hurry...especially after seeing the mobs of riders that are there on the weekends as of late.:eek:

FUN!!!:D[/b]
There's a good photo on here somewhere of a wall ride up in BC somewhere. I think it's the same wall ride that's on one of the films. Anyhow, they used 2x4's to make th wall ride and it looks tight. Again, I can't stress how much of a waiste of effort it will be for you guys to put up a wall ride with plywood as 6 months from now you'll be tearing it down do to safety issues. Even with 2x4 backing. Once it gets wet it just falls apart! Depends too on the type of plywood but I just spent today out on my trail taking down a bunch of it as it's just dangerous. A good idea at first, but not so good 6 months from now. You have to come out to my trail, I've been busy and there's some fun stuff out there now, all doable no mater what level of a rider as there's easy outs or if you want to come up short its not life threatening. Well I'm off to my turkey dinner(early) as I go in for kidney stone removal tomorrow...

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
First off, Josh - good luck on the surgery!:thumb:
Secondly, to answer the question in your signature...TOO MANY FREAKING LAWYERS!!:mad:

Yeah, it sounds like the plywood will have to find another purpose if we wind up with some...likely filler for the tables we're working on since they'll be buried in dirt. Thanks for helping me see the light on that one before it's far too late.:thumb:
I think there's a trail on Eagle in BC that has a back-to-back wallride built like you described and there was a wicked one they were riding in NWD V as well - not sure where it was though.

For sure, I need to get down to VF before long as it's been waaaaay too long since my last rip down there.

gooch

Monkey
May 16, 2002
Outside Seattle
Great day of riding. Meet some cools guys and was getting my grove back. That step down to table is a sweet line. The other line with the two step downs that now has a new trany is a great run to. (good work) Much thanks to the builders for the great work. Sorry I didn't catch any of your names..

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Thanks, Gooch! What were you riding? I was the guy digging away on the 2nd table at the bottom w/ the blue long-sleeved jersey.
We're planning on beefing up the tranny on the small drop along the right line after that one that was fixed. That one won't need as much work, but it has been neglected for far too long.:o:

Andy

DBR X6 RIDER said:
First off, Josh - good luck on the surgery!:thumb:
Secondly, to answer the question in your signature...TOO MANY FREAKING LAWYERS!!:mad:

Yeah, it sounds like the plywood will have to find another purpose if we wind up with some...likely filler for the tables we're working on since they'll be buried in dirt. Thanks for helping me see the light on that one before it's far too late.:thumb:
I think there's a trail on Eagle in BC that has a back-to-back wallride built like you described and there was a wicked one they were riding in NWD V as well - not sure where it was though.

For sure, I need to get down to VF before long as it's been waaaaay too long since my last rip down there.
Thanks, surgery is never fun...even the drugs take their toll...
Lawyers, yeah, figured as much. But Tahoe, Utah, MT, and several other states have one if not many area's to ride lifts, why can't the great state of WA?

The one I was thinking about I believe is that back to back wall ride. Good luck on that, We've been trying to figure out how to build one, but it's hard with freebee's. I think some sold 8 footers, about 15 of them would do the job.:thumb:

As far as my trail goes, I'd like to take yah out there after I recover, possibly first week in December? If not, pm me and I'll drop you the directions, I just put in a new line, has some fun DH with roots and miny natural drops to a small trail gap to step down gap to big gap now. It's pretty tight, not I-90 large but fun for those of us looking forward to walking when were 50+.

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Tom - thanks again for the lift and assistance with the wheel/tire. YOU'RE A FREAKING HERO-AND-A-HALF!!! Thanks as well for being a willing test-pilot on the tables.:cool:
I guess you should have been the one sporting the steel-plated jock, eh?:nuts:
Yeah, after I almost made it on the new second table and had to get behind the seat quickly, I grazed the jewels a little. Needless to say, I lowered my seat a little. :nuts:

Much fun and frivolity was had by all! I enjoyed hanging with everyone and it's always a good scene down there.

I need to work on those tables more so I can stick the second one... Woohoo!

Thanks to everyone for helping out!

Tom

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I'm sure that 2nd table will be solid by Friday, Tom - you will own it. Well, provided nobody makes any personal alterations to it.
This reminds me - if somebody cannot ride a particular line because it is not to their liking, please do not alter it. Instead, progress up to it. I have several lines that I have yet to clear, but I leave it as it is so that I can eventually clear it as it is as compared to changing it around. There's alot more satisfaction to be gained by earning your way over a particular section.:D

Josh, I am rather embarrased in knowing I live in one of the best areas in the country as far as riding terrain...without lift access.:o:
Too many freaking lawyers.