Quantcast

SST this weekend

SuperSlow

Monkey
May 18, 2004
Bellingham
Well im a texan, living in b-ham who will be in seattle this weekend. Anyone wanna hookup and go ride? Ive heard SST is the place to go. Should I bring a full face helmet and armor? or just an xc lid and some shinpads? Is it ridable in the rain/ wetness? Could someone give me directions there? Thanks fellas looking forward to riding with some locals.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
SuperSlow said:
Well im a texan, living in b-ham who will be in seattle this weekend. Anyone wanna hookup and go ride? Ive heard SST is the place to go. Should I bring a full face helmet and armor? or just an xc lid and some shinpads? Is it ridable in the rain/ wetness? Could someone give me directions there? Thanks fellas looking forward to riding with some locals.
Depends on your skill level. I'd bring a FF for your 1st rip there for sure - can't hurt. There's alot of leaves on the ground at present, so it tracks oddly at times. No boggyness, just good tacky stuff...recent drainage work has made it better when it's wet.
It's not like The Shore by any means...more or less smooth, flowy jumps and drops.
Take I-5 south and take exit 151 (200th Av. S) - go west about 1-2 miles. You'll cross International Blvd. and then go down a steep hill. When you get to the bottom you will see a golf course on your right - directly under the flightpath of Seatac Airport (if you see planes flying directly overhead, you're pretty damned close). The parking lot is across the street from the golf course - you'll likely see a bunch of folks loading/unloading bikes there.
Last Sat. the parking lot was full, but you can park along the golf course on 200th if that is the case.

Not sure if I'm going to be there...I'm not sure of alot of things, really.:p
If I am then I hope to see you there as well. Otherwise, have a great time!!!

SuperSlow said:
After visiting your trail...you won't need anything but a light dirt lid and some shin protectors. They have really nice flowin' lines that are pretty sick. Nothing like your furby gap or the 25 footer. They do have a trail gap thats about 10-15ft high and a big table at the bottom to boot but other than that I think you could squeeze by with a dirt lid. Especially after riding what you had built.

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
Dirtlids are okay. Until you get hit in the face with the back end of your bike like the kid we were riding with on Sunday. Still got a bloody nose, two black eyes, and the crap scared out of him. Or like the time I crashed on the same jump and got hit in the back of the helmet with my bike. Bring a real helmet if you want to jump.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Captain Crunch said:
Dirtlids are okay. Until you get hit in the face with the back end of your bike like the kid we were riding with on Sunday. Still got a bloody nose, two black eyes, and the crap scared out of him. Or like the time I crashed on the same jump and got hit in the back of the helmet with my bike. Bring a real helmet if you want to jump.
:eek:
Trail gap?
Wait, don't tell me - I'll probably be too sketched to want to hit it if I know. Whatever the case, I hope he's ok and gets redemption on it.
As I mentioned in my previous post, there are alot of fallen leaves all around which makes handling a challenge in the faster sections. They have a habit of covering things that will kick your tires out when you least expect it (spoken from experience).
All the same, any helmet is better than no helmet.
Another thing you may want to account for are the nettles that await you should you 'stray' from the trail - damn, those things sting like a mo-fo when you get tangled in 'em. :think:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
SuperSlow said:
cool yea nettles sting like the dickens.........is it a network of trails or 1 trail and some jumps or wha?
Here's a few clips to give you an idea of what's there - these are older, so there's more there than what you see in the clips.
This line rarely sees much use anymore, but there's more stuff along the fence after the kicker at the end of the clip...

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
This line sees alot more action...understandably so.

there are a couple small drops that precede this section. And a good block-and-a-half of stuff above it.
There are also some pics in my photo gallery (link in my signature) that give you a good idea of what's going on down there.

DBR X6 RIDER said:
This line sees alot more action...understandably so.

there are a couple small drops that precede this section. And a good block-and-a-half of stuff above it.
There are also some pics in my photo gallery (link in my signature) that give you a good idea of what's going on down there.
Lookin' killa man, lookin' killa!