Quantcast

SST thursday!!

mserko1

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Bellingham, WA
I don't have school on thursday and so I will finally be able to get out to sst and see all the new stuff. Hope to see some people out there.

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
Sweet, if you're not in the lot when I get there, I'll just meet you up at the trails. I drive a white Toyota Prius and ride and orange Bullit. What do you ride so I can introduce myself when I see you?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I sure hope to be there myself. I should have been there today, but I came across a toasted BB (bottom-bracket, NOT bulletin board)...much sadness. Working on getting a replacement ASAP - pray for Andy. Well, don't pray for Andy as much as his bike.;)
I guess if I can't ride, I will at least head down there and do some work.
From what Pip is telling me about today, there won't be much to do.:cool:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
bikeguy100k said:
What kind of BB do you need? Size? I have a small selection, I may have what you need. If so, it's yours!
Isis spline - 68 X 113. If you have one of those, you'd be beyond a hero, Tom.:cool:

By the way, it sounds like a thorough walk-thru is suggested if you haven't been to SST prior to today.
Hell, it's never a bad idea down there the way that place constantly evolves.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
BIGHIT756 said:
I might drag my lazy ass out of bed and go riding thursday. i have it off......i might be there around 1130.....jesse
Sweet!!! We'll see your lazy ass out there, Jesse!:thumb::blah:

In an interesting twist of fate, I find myself thanking the crew that was out there on Sunday doing some work! Can't wait to have MY bike rolling so I can hit some of it. Wasn't even going to try today on my friends bike w/ 2.1's - I barely survived some of the 'basic' lines on it.:eek:
Pat yourselves on the back.:cool:

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
yeah sunday there was a lot of work goin on....me and norm fixed up the step down a bit....made the lip have a little more pop. there were a bunch workin on the other things too...it was fun....see ya'll out thurr

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Right on, Jesse.
I also noticed that y'all finally had enough of that rock/slab/both?? on the tranny of the table. The landing for the larger stepdown looks alot more solid as well - enough to where I'm thinking I need to give'r on that one soon.
It's amazing...when I think that we've pretty much exhausted the room we have to work with out there, I am constantly getting proven wrong.

I think it's time to get the ball rolling on a wallride near the fence I've been pondering lately. There really needs to be something beyond that gap. I always come out of that line wanting just a little bit more. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for some plywood, etc.
:drool:<----me in anticipation of riding down there after my rig is fixed (thanks, Tom!!)

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
wall ride = :cool: ........yeah, i guess earlier sunday they took that big ass concrete thing out. its great. me, norm and a coupld others had some ideas....i'll have to talk to you (andy) about our ideas next time i see you. seems like it would be pretty cool.........Jesse

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Ideas are the gateway to creations. With that said, I'm looking forward to hearing these ideas.:thumb:
For sure, we need to toss in another little hit in between the jump after the S-curves and the drops before the bottom section - I'd guess (but will not bet) that might be one of those ideas?
All I know is after seeing that place today, I'm really fiending to get my bike back together so I can hit some of them.

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Im debating on riding exit 27 or sst on Thursday but if people are out there my buddy and i will show up.

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
Today was a good day. Nobody wakes up early and gets to sst before I do :) Had the place to myself for about an hour. Next time I'll have to remember to bring my MP3 and rock the place out. That new jump off the left line after the S-curves is soooo smoooooth :thumb: Showed a newbie around and encouraged him to play out there and improve on his confidence. Looks like I'll be hitting it again tomorrow with a buddy of mine. Conditions are primo!!! See the rest of you all on thursday.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
ioscope said:
I'm there. On my new/used STINKY 9 with a SHIVER.
Suh-wheat! You, much like I (and others as well), deserve new, pimpin' riggage!:thumb:
Just don't turn your back when I'm there...heheheheh:eviltongu

I will know within the hour whether or not I will be there...going into my shop to see of the bb Tom was gracious enough to toss my way will fit (HE DA' MAN!!!).
*fingers crossed so hard it's painful*

UPDATE - Woo-hoo!! It's a go!!! Looking forward to tomorrow, very much.

mserko1

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Bellingham, WA
I had a great time!!!! Softies rocks! There were tons of people there today. Its good to see all the new stuff, nice work Andy and those other guys! I hope me and Tage can get out there again soon.

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
The day was going awesome until i decided to do a huge whip that i couldn't pull back and crashed into neddles......whole back and left arm covered in that sh!t....lol....oh well, still a fun day....

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
BIGHIT756 said:
The day was going awesome until i decided to do a huge whip that i couldn't pull back and crashed into neddles......whole back and left arm covered in that sh!t....lol....oh well, still a fun day....
Yeah, that was tense...hope you're not too itchy still! At least the bike's ok, too.
Good thing Norm's mom moved from where she was 5 sec. earlier or you would have "picked up the spare".:p

p.s. - I'm going back out there Sat. and I'm going to take another look at that potential line you showed me. I'm wondering if there's a spot a few feet to the left of that where it would work out even better.:think:

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
ah man, my whole back and arm were like red and still are. kinda itchy but after showering it kinda went away. glad i didn't take out his mom!!!!....lol......yeah, that line looks like it would be cool....looks very possible. i wont be able to get out there tomorrow though.....jesse