Quantcast

sst touch ups

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
Good job to all that have put time and energy into polishing up the flowpark at sst. Rode yesterday late morning all to myself and hit it up again today (friday) and got the inaugral (sp?), hit on Polo's new jump; somebody had to start packing it down :cool: It's on your right, of the left line right passed the cheese wedge kicker. It is very nice!!!! :thumb: Also he touched up the middle drop off. The tables at the bottom are shaping up very nicely too.
Long live the flowpark in sst.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Glad you're liking it Aaren. I will have to look around for the new hit you're talking about as I haven't been there since Wed.
Speaking of the tables - even if you aren't going to hit the tables, it can't hurt to at least do a rollup so as to pack the lead-in. We're scheming some kind of jump out of the corner to land you into the tranny prior to the first table. If the trail packs in hard enough on its own and can carry speed, a jump shouldn't be necessary. Time will tell.

I'm heading tomorrow to mostly ride and Sunday is another work party if anybody is looking for something to do.:)

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
Yeah, it was really hard to get enough speed to make the trannys. I barely made the first, but landed rear tire on top of tranny and it was pretty soft so I had no speed to clear the second so I just put the brakes on.
Polo's jump is a nice end to the line; very nice. You will enjoy tomorrow.
I've got to take care of some home improvements on sat/sun. Sunday's job has great benefits though, as I'm installing my heater assembly in my hot tub and then off to my friends to t-shoot his electrical problem on his spa. Maybe I'll hook up with you next week if you'll be out and can lend a hand then.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
It's gotten alot more tracks on it now, so it's slowly getting faster and alot more hittable.:thumb:
So, I spent a good 20-30 min. looking for that hit you said Polo built up. I just about gave up on the search when I looked to the right of the last jump on the main line. Lo-and-behold, there it was!! That's a sweet lil' pop for sure. I wish I rode that line more often, but at least folks that do have an extra option to work with.

I was kind of saddened to see that somebody smoothed/flattened the takeoff for the left drop that leads to the berm and last drop(where pic below was taken from).
Why???

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
I cant go. :( I think I broke my thumb yesterday at the MX track in Monroe. It is swollen and looks like it could blow up at any moment just like Mt St. Helens.

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
I can't wait until I can go ride SST again--I got my wisdom teeth pulled two days ago, and the doctor said I need to take it easy for a week or two, depending how quickly I heal.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Captain Crunch said:
Who's going this morning and when should I be there, Or should I have left already??

-S.
Things kind of imploded with our crew today...my bike is getting 'special attention' after I post this. Have to take it apart and check out both the BB and BB-shell on the frame as something is seriously awry.
I guess Mike (green Evil) isn't able to get out there either. Pip was checking with Sean to see if he's heading down.

FAWK! FAWK! FAWK! FAWK! FAWK!!:mad:

Jun 18, 2004
It was fun-fun... you missed out... I'm sure you'll get to ride it soon... heading back down there today to ride before I start working a week of nights... see you peep's next week... best wishes w/your DBR rig...