Quantcast

St. Edwards

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
If you haven't been there recently, there are some really sweet new things to do there. They have got a couple drops and some jumps - you should really check it out. :D

muddface

Chimp
Feb 25, 2004
im goin on thurday hopefully, and maybe tuesday with my little bro, how long has the stuff been there?

Feb 25, 2004
Redmond, Wa, USA
where in finn hill? anything new to that small jump park. there used to be a huge one, but my and my bud went over there and it was all gone. some 12 year old prolyl broke his arm, parents were lawyers.....

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
I was there on Friday from like 6:00pm to dark, I was the one with the big neon green full-face helmet if you where to see me and I ride a Transition Dirtbag. I rode with a guy who rides a Super 8 and a guy with a P2.

TCoop924

Monkey
Jul 29, 2002
WA
Yeah, that place is pretty damn cool...was there today for a few hours....some of the stunts we ran across were thought out very well, but definitely fun to play around on.

How do you get to the Finn Hill part you're talking about? Is it close by to St. Edwards?

muddface

Chimp
Feb 25, 2004
finn hill is essentially on the opposite side of juanita drive, the two ways i know is to ride down the road a while (from QFC) and then get in at the park entrane it says 'big finn hill' or if you know where the drops on the steep hill are, (at saint edwards,) go towards the road and the cross and you will need to climb the road for a small ways and there is a trail you can drop into and it will bring you to the baseball feilds of the park, and the trails are all over the place

Fast&Smooth

Monkey
Jun 24, 2002
Bothell, WA
Originally posted by muddface
finn hill is essentially on the opposite side of juanita drive, the two ways i know is to ride down the road a while (from QFC) and then get in at the park entrane it says 'big finn hill' or if you know where the drops on the steep hill are, (at saint edwards,) go towards the road and the cross and you will need to climb the road for a small ways and there is a trail you can drop into and it will bring you to the baseball feilds of the park, and the trails are all over the place
no we are not talking about the trails in the actual "big finn hill park" wehre the fields are, we mean the stuff on the opposite side of juanita drive.

we call it the finn hill area becuase as u enter them there is a big sign that says welcome to finn hill park....yes on the "st. edwards" side.

crash13

Chimp
Dec 19, 2003
Lake Stevens, WA
i've been riding st.eds alot lately. i was there thursday, friday, saturday, and sunday. those doubles are fun. there alot of work on my big bike though.

muddface

Chimp
Feb 25, 2004
o yah forgot about that part heh heh heh, well i know what your talking about now, yah ill be there tuesday, i ride a blue trek liquid and ill be with a guy on a blue cannondale and a guy with a yellow K2 attack

muddface

Chimp
Feb 25, 2004
DNAG!! those doubles are big i went on tuesday and yestaerday and i saw the kids that made them they were riding bmx bikes did you see that table down below the doubles? that thing is built really sturdy

Fast&Smooth

Monkey
Jun 24, 2002
Bothell, WA
Originally posted by muddface
DNAG!! those doubles are big i went on tuesday and yestaerday and i saw the kids that made them they were riding bmx bikes did you see that table down below the doubles? that thing is built really sturdy
It's mostly mountain biers with big fs bikes that made them, those bmxers rarely show up.

Don't get the wrong ideas!

muddface

Chimp
Feb 25, 2004
yeah i asked them and they said they made them but i was kinda suspicious, they could ride them though, the first two were made by mountain bikers, i know that, but the kids said they built the last two

crash13

Chimp
Dec 19, 2003
Lake Stevens, WA
Originally posted by Ice Bullit
Ya the first two doubles are easy enough to clear but the third in line is tougher to get over, my friend nose cased that one :dead:
those doubles aren't that bad. they're alot easier to do on my hardtail then my full suspension though.

FlashBullit

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
ture i havent seen them, but i would sure like to try them it would be fun, but then again if there to big (if there is such a thing):D

crash13

Chimp
Dec 19, 2003
Lake Stevens, WA
Originally posted by FlashBullit
ture i havent seen them, but i would sure like to try them it would be fun, but then again if there to big (if there is such a thing):D
there not that big. the dj's out at softies are bigger than these. the biggest gap is about 8'.

FlashBullit

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
Ya they arent really that large but they are somthing to ride. The next time I go out I will take some pics - until then you will have to use your imagination :think: :) :D

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
Originally posted by FlashBullit
Ya they arent really that large but they are somthing to ride. The next time I go out I will take some pics - until then you will have to use your imagination :think: :) :D
Doh used my brothers account by accident :D

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
Well the biggest one that I know of could be as big as you want to make it depending on how fast you go. Its a ladder drop to a steep hill thats long so you could go pretty dang far if you have the balls for it. :eek:

The other stuff is approx. 4-6ft but they are still fun to hit. :thumb:

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
Originally posted by Ice Bullit
Well the biggest one that I know of could be as big as you want to make it depending on how fast you go. Its a ladder drop to a steep hill thats long so you could go pretty dang far if you have the balls for it. :eek:

i was planning on hitting that this weekend, but when i got to it the landing was rock hard and rutted and i just had a skate helmet so i decided it wasn't worth it. i went over to the little jump area in finn hill park and hit the 5foot ladder drop. that was easy but pretty fun. saw some guy on a fly there and i was amazed to see he had a bush cheney shirt on!:eek: oh well, his vote isn't going to prevent washington from voting democrat (knock on wood). you'd just think mountain bikers would realize that republicans are taking away our land building all their businesses and houses and stuff.:rolleyes:

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
What ever man Bush all the way!!!!!!!!!! Didnt want to make this a political thing but you took it there :rolleyes: We could argue about why I am going to vote for Bush but this is a mountian bike forum not a political forum :D

FlashBullit

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
i just want to say that people need to do so readen in to the people they vote for because so people just follew the news which follew the person that picks whats on and he can make it look like bush is bad or good just look in for your self

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
Freeridekid = wrong!

Bush = Pro Gun, Pro open trails for everyone to use

Kerry = Anti - Guns, Pro Sierra Club, who feel hikers are the only ones that deserve to use trails since bikes, trucks, motorbikes are the devil. Almost forgot, I think they are pro horses too since they dont do any damage to trails. HA!

Vote Nader!
Why, Protest vote

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Originally posted by jeepmauler
Langer...........I like you!!:devil: Bush isn't my favorite,but I sure as hell am not for the left.
That's why I don't spend money in your shop. You should know better than to post you personal politics in public forums.:)

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
Originally posted by Langer
Freeridekid = wrong!

Bush = Pro Gun, Pro open trails for everyone to use

Kerry = Anti - Guns, Pro Sierra Club, who feel hikers are the only ones that deserve to use trails since bikes, trucks, motorbikes are the devil. Almost forgot, I think they are pro horses too since they dont do any damage to trails. HA!

great, if trails are open to everyone we can have motorcycles tear up all our mountainbike trails. no candidate is perfect, but bush isn't even close, not to mention on every other issue! that is stupid though if kerry is pro horses cuz they totally ruin trails with their hooves, and all the rich people who ride them think they can do whatever they want. anyways, lets just end the debate right now. i regret ever commenting on the bush shirt, especially since this is just a thread about good ol' st. eds.