Quantcast

St Helen's Ride with Skookum and Vern Fonk

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
not me. i'm so out of shape....

I rode 'round Tolt/Mcdonald tree farm the other day and had to WALK up the hill.....:|
not the whole thing but I was walking 50 feet after I got on dirt.. freakin horrible.
I did do 10 or so miles on top in 1.5 hours or so, but the hill killed me.

I need to ride more......:nuts:

wasn't last years ride later in the year?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
PsychO!1 said:
I'm all for meeting, maybe for breakfast??
I'm probably gonna have a full truck, but, if caravan means 'convoy'.....I'm always up for a convoy!!! :thumb:
Stop trying to fool us. You're old enough to remember how we used to caravan in the "old days".

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
PsychO!1 said:
I'm all for meeting, maybe for breakfast??
I'm probably gonna have a full truck, but, if caravan means 'convoy'.....I'm always up for a convoy!!! :thumb:
Breakfast would be good. Yea, i mean more convoy as well. If the roads arent bad up there i can take the minivan..... I just dont know the area? And how everyone is getting there. I think getting to randle for me is easier through yelm/eatonville?? but i forget.. maybe 1-5 to 12 would also be a better route.....
any suggestions?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
PsychO!1 said:
Ohhhhh, that brings back memories. I really miss my camel!!!
Kept you from being lonely in the desert all those years. :evil:

oly said:
any suggestions?
Looks like you can back road to highway 7 but for you, that's probably the slow way. 5 to 12 sounds like the ticket, especially since 5 starts bearing due south and goes 70mph after Olympia.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
oly said:
im still planning on it. Your friends fit enough to pull and out of shape DH'er out of the valley?
Both of us have experience towing people with our bikes so don't worry. :thumb:

Last I read it was 9AM at the Smoth Creek car park. We probably should all meet somewhere and do the convoy thing.

Oly - We have 3 in a Toyota Tundra ext cab, it might be possible for you to hitch a ride with us. We could meet at the Centralia Starbucks... I can't commit to the lift right now since we invited a forth guy and he has not made up his mind yet. :rolleyes:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Skookum said:
Kept you from being lonely in the desert all those years. :evil:

Looks like you can back road to highway 7 but for you, that's probably the slow way. 5 to 12 sounds like the ticket, especially since 5 starts bearing due south and goes 70mph after Olympia.
you mean it goes to 85 after oly.....

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Serial Midget said:
Both of us have experience towing people with our bikes so don't worry. :thumb:

Last I read it was 9AM at the Smoth Creek car park. We probably should all meet somewhere and do the convoy thing.

Oly - We have 3 in a Toyota Tundra ext cab, it might be possible for you to hitch a ride with us. We could meet at the Centralia Starbucks... I can't commit to the lift right now since we invited a forth guy and he has not made up his mind yet. :rolleyes:

Centrailia has a starbucks??? hehe.... Is it easy to get to off the freeway? Otherwise i could meet right off 1-5 at 12 at a gas station or something.

Someone backplot the time to know when we need to meet in the morn? This is uncharted territory for me.....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i'm out. :(

sorry all, but everything is leading me to the direction of skipping this one. You guys will no doubt have a great time still, it's a ride you gotta do at least once a year. No real guarantee it'll be around to ride in the future too. :)
See you on the trail soon.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Skookum said:
i'm out. :(

sorry all, but everything is leading me to the direction of skipping this one. You guys will no doubt have a great time still, it's a ride you gotta do at least once a year. No real guarantee it'll be around to ride in the future too. :)
See you on the trail soon.

Probably not a bad decision. I remember once sitting in the hospital thinking maybe I can race in a week or two. I am not sure what I was thinking. I think it took like three weeks before I was able to get on my bike-and it was a long-long time until I raced again. You have to get over here sometime. :thumb:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Borregokid said:
You have to get over here sometime. :thumb:
i plan on it, high time i try some of these rides Brian Sullivan has been posting over at the "other" site.
i'm gonna go over and ride the Kettle Crest trail at the end of July since my cousin is getting hitched in Inchelium. But that's a little more east than you're talkin about. :p
So many good trails so little time, i need to win the lottery so i can just ride all the time.

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
X-C Phantom said:
:think: Why the hell couldn't it be Sunday :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:
I would love to take my mudhoney down there......
I originally said 'maybe' but the 2nd is a definite 'no-go' for me now. I think I may be working (minting coin) and I was reminded of a prior and forgotten about engagement so unfortunately i'm out. Sunday would be better but still a maybe. For those that can't make it, let's try to do it again later in the year when Tim's knee is better.