Quantcast

Stage 11 Spoiler

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Poor Hincapie - I was rooting for him - not sure why, but he seems cool. But he's pretty much done now.

That must suck to have all those stages left to ride and to know you don't have a snowball's chance in hell to win. ugh.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
MMcG said:
Poor Hincapie - I was rooting for him - not sure why, but he seems cool. But he's pretty much done now.

That must suck to have all those stages left to ride and to know you don't have a snowball's chance in hell to win. ugh.
It does give him the freedom to go for stage wins.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
MMcG said:

Hincapie has never shown success in stage racing. He might have become a super domestique for Lance, but he does not have power for time trialing nor at 6'3" was he going to become a champion hill climber.

He has always been a great Classics rider, which is very prestigious except in America, but Discovery turned on the spin machine to try to mold his image into another Lance, which will never happen again.