Quantcast

Stage 14

Kihaji

Norman Einstein
Jan 18, 2004
Some great racing today, especially on that last climb. Contador, Rasmussen, Soler, just putting in some great rides.

The Tour should give Barloworld a special prize also, for being a wildcard into the Tour they are doing incredible. 2 stages so far and Soler is a wildman.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I've never felt that Levi was Tour winner material, and I think he got the team leader position more due to a lack of other options than because he was that strong of a rider. I think Disco is going to keep saying he's the leader, but if Contador has another good stage tomorrow, he'll become the unofficial team leader.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
The other thing I want to know is how people are feeling about Rasmussen. The commentators kept saying that he needs to gain as much time in the mountains as he can because he's going to lose HUGE time in the individual TT. While I agree that he's not going to win the TT, if he's got a 3min lead going into it, is he a favorite after yesterday's performance?

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
awesome.

Levi confuses me tho. Is he still saving something? Maybe for tomorrow?

:confused:

Levi had an awesome ride. He moved up to fourth overall gaining time on everyone but Rasmussen and Contador. He is more like Jan in that he just climbs at a steady tempo. He can't accelerate like the 'pure climbers'.

Kihaji

Norman Einstein
Jan 18, 2004
The other thing I want to know is how people are feeling about Rasmussen. The commentators kept saying that he needs to gain as much time in the mountains as he can because he's going to lose HUGE time in the individual TT. While I agree that he's not going to win the TT, if he's got a 3min lead going into it, is he a favorite after yesterday's performance?

I think that if he doesn't lose time to anyone in the top 8 or so, and he can ride similar to what he did in yesterdays TT, he has this won.

Kihaji

Norman Einstein
Jan 18, 2004
I've never felt that Levi was Tour winner material, and I think he got the team leader position more due to a lack of other options than because he was that strong of a rider. I think Disco is going to keep saying he's the leader, but if Contador has another good stage tomorrow, he'll become the unofficial team leader.
Hell, Disco has 3 riders in the top 10, 2 in the top 5 for KoM, and the white jersey. Can you imagine the amount of pain that this team would be putting in to people if they had Lance riding? It would be sick.

Kihaji

Norman Einstein
Jan 18, 2004
Holy sizzle - 5k to go... does it get any better???
I just wonder how Kloden is going to feel after this tour. If he didn't have to wait for Vino in the Alps, and was able to ride out, he could have been in Yellow in Paris. Will be interesting to see if he wants out next year, he already didn't like Vino.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Definitely some great racing. Props to Contador for sure, kid has a lot of potential. Levi said himself he is better at steady tempo riding rather than sharp accelerations, unfortunately his tempo today was a little slower. He moved up but still lost time to Rassmussen. Clearly the big question is if these guys can continue to make it happen for another week.

Levi keeps saying he is riding into shape. If he can hold his place or keep moving up in the mountains, the final TT will be his best chance for yellow.