Quantcast

Stage 17 Spoilers

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Holy Crap, what a great stage. There are so many things to think and say. Floyd just showed the world how tough he is. Man, if there was ever a time for a moral....NEVER GIVE UP....ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. Simply great.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Floyd's post race interview, "What were you out to prove today?" Floyd: "Well, you saw yesterday."

HAHAHAHAHAHA

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
narlus said:
how about the LeMond/Fignon ass-whipping?
Better, much, much better. This is the sort of epic badassery that legends are made of. This is how Chuck Norris would win the tour.

Lemond used fancy-pants technology to squeak it. If any squeaking occurs here in Paris it will have been made possible by a truly monstorous effort from a man who had appeared beaten and broken, and who has a necrotic hip. A man who once passed Gunnar Shogren and I on a climb at Snowshoe in a no handed wheelie playing delta blues on the harmonica.

Lemond can't even play the harmonica.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
SuspectDevice said:
This is how Chuck Norris would win the tour.
LOL! Who would win the tour, Chuck Norris or Jack Bauer?

I didn't even need to watch a live update site, this thread was the best live tour news on the net :D

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
1 097 PEREIRO SIO Oscar CEI ESP 00'00"
2 014 SASTRE Carlos CSC ESP 00' 12"
3 071 LANDIS Floyd PHO USA 00' 30"
4 021 KLÖDEN Andréas TMO GER 02' 29"
5 061 EVANS Cadel DVL AUS 03' 08"
6 051 MENCHOV Denis RAB RUS 04' 14"
7 035 DESSEL Cyril A2R FRA 04' 24"
8 031 MOREAU Christophe A2R FRA 05' 45"

Look at those names at the top of the GC...all within 6 minutes and the top 3 within 30 effing SECONDS! This has been the most exciting tdf I've ever followed; my coworkers must think I've gone insane this fortnight. I was worried that the whole thing would lose its luster after Lance left, but instead, it's like watching a thriller w/o seeing the trailer first or having your friends spoil it with their big-shot premiere leaks. I'm all tense and anxious for the first half of the workday!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I feel like grabbing a sharpie and writing "Floyd Landis is my Hero" all over my body, then running around in downtown naked, dancing the cabbage patch. :wave:
Maybe at least the bike cops will understand.
Talk about a true HERO.

Would anybody like to continue the argument I started yesterday about the strongest single set of legs win the Tour, not the team?
Hell, the whole peloton could not bring him back.
Anybody....... Hello?..........;)

In8Racing

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Trying to find some skillz...
This is how Chuck Norris would win the tour.
Close, but Norris would have waited in the bushes at the base of the last climb and given Sastre a roundhouse kick to the face, and would then proceed to make out with a super model, before jumping back on his bike to complete the stage.

At the top, Norris would then proclaim his victory by stating, "What the hell did you think I would do, b@#$hes! I'm f-ing Chuck Norris!" and would then give Trautwig a roundhouse kick to the face.

Landis' victory was far sweeter, however...:D

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
In8Racing said:
Close, but Norris would have waited in the bushes at the base of the last climb and given Sastre a roundhouse kick to the face, and would then proceed to make out with a super model, before jumping back on his bike to complete the stage.

At the top, Norris would then proclaim his victory by stating, "What the hell did you think I would do, b@#$hes! I'm f-ing Chuck Norris!" and would then give Trautwig a roundhouse kick to the face.

Landis' victory was far sweeter, however...:D
Man you have it all wrong... Chuck wouldn't have waited... he wouldnt have hidden in anything. He would have jumped into the air while moving and kicked in the direction of sastre so hard that the surge of air would have knocked sastre out... then chuck would have landed back on his bike using the momentum of the landing to push his pedal down so hard that it would have propelled him to the top :rolleyes: Besides that the only difference would have been that chuck would have been riding a chrome bike manufactured out of solid steel tubing by none other than Ford.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Tomorrow is not totally flat, and you bet there will be lots of attacks. Not so much because they think Floyd won't be able to follow, but because it's the last chance for many.

I still can't believe they let Floyd get away today. What an incredible two days of racing.