Quantcast

StairMaster- Designed by Satan?

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Had my first go on one of these bastards the other day. First 5 minutes I wished unending amounts of torture on the prick who created them but slowly I realised it was OK. Kinda of like eating olives for the first time, you don't like it but know you'll try it again.
Any tips for use? I know, I know, they're gay as a very gay thing but where I go there's a very limited amount of options.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Gay?

i like 'em. Helps with hiking and skiing.
Dunno Loopie, just my perception 'cos I only see sheilas using them. I tell ya, I thought my calfs were gonna be in hell today but they're not too bad. I was on the stationary bikes before so I thought I'd mix things up. I'm only in for fitness as I can't get on the mtb as much as I want recently so I'd be interested to see what you guys know about it. What kind of workout do you use it for mate?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Dunno Loopie, just my perception 'cos I only see sheilas using them. I tell ya, I thought my calfs were gonna be in hell today but they're not too bad. I was on the stationary bikes before so I thought I'd mix things up. I'm only in for fitness as I can't get on the mtb as much as I want recently so I'd be interested to see what you guys know about it. What kind of workout do you use it for mate?
elliptical machine?

i cardio on those, and sometimes the usual rocky run on the streets.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I've used these machines, and while theyre a good change up to the normal routine, only one machine will ever be my dominator. That would be the erg. pure hell. the devil incarnate.

MizN8

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
My name for it is "Stairmonster"..............LOL!
I usually warm up for 30min on the elliptical, 30min on the bike and then 30min on the Stairmonster...........at hard levels (14) for me.
I think the cross training has helped me beat the boredom factor.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
go play some racquetball instead. unless you're trying to chat up these "sheilas", that is

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
go grab an erg and try to pull a 6:40 minute 2k. tell me how you feel. I've watched my friends puke after an erg workout. (I'm on crew at the college)
ERG is a sick machine absolutely.
You get a ton of bang for the minutes you put in.....

10 intense minutes will make anyone feel like a bag of flour......
6:40 is very impressive.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
do y'all not go outdoors?

Personally, I would rather run in the cold freezing rain uphill than go in a gym.
yup! rode my bike for the better part of two hours today, plus we're heading down to the snake river for a 6k row in the morning. the erg is winter training so that our rowing muscles don't lose any strength for spring race season.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
do y'all not go outdoors?

Personally, I would rather run in the cold freezing rain uphill than go in a gym.
When I can of course, who wouldn't. I've gotta fit in fitness seessions whenever I can however and that means sometimes I've gotta go to the gym.