Quantcast

Standard parts

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Props to companies that are using standard parts, IE Bearings and spacers. Was just working on the Dirtbag, felt kinda harsh the other day, come to find out, the main pivot bearings were as consistant as solid washers, bearing were Done, spacers were tweaked. So I start thinking, damnit, I need to call transition, order a rear end rebuild kit, wait, hope to have it all in time for next weekends race, and hope its right the first time.

So for S&G, I check the bearing drawer, easy find in fact was one of the more common bearings we have, so that was good, but spacers, same thing, open the drawer, and Bam standard stuff!!!!

Little bit of a long story, but Props to any bike company using standard parts such as bearing, bushins, derailer hangers Etc!!!

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
Are they bearing at you shop exactly the same or are they just the same size? Reason I ask is because I thought I read Transition uses full compliment bearings in their pivots. There might be a slight difference in bearing life with the new bearings you found.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Mines an 04, and teh beraings I found are actually a better quality than what I took out. Its a pretty standard size, we just keep good bearings in stock, and try to stay away from the lower end bearings, either way, I needed something to be ready for the next weekend. Also I was able to use the specialized bearing kit, making removal very easy!!!! Once the old ones were out, the damn things wouldnt even turn.