Quantcast

Stan's or El Jefe Pimp Juice??

Gusitar

Chimp
Sep 13, 2001
Which is better on a tubeless Mavic Crossland rim set? Also, does it damage to any degree; the use of tubes on a tubless rim? Concern for bead integrity comes to mind. I just have a bunch of spare tubes and too busy to mess with a new product at the moment. A purchase of a compressor is on the shopping list as well (not that it is necessary). TIA :dancing:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I use stans on my UST setup. Works great; not that expensive. I never have needed a compressor for mine either (Conti tires); floor pump works well enough. Using a tube should not damage the rim at all. Just make sure you avoid using tire irons if at all possible (could be tough on the trail).

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
I use Stan's on a Kenda blue groove and Specialized Roll-X. The kenda was a little harder to seat, the Specialized went right on with a floor pump, both were the UST versions.

Gusitar

Chimp
Sep 13, 2001
Thanks to all for replies. Looks like I'm all set. I'll get the fattest rear that will go tubless on the Truth and will use the Panaracer 2.4 FR on the front (it is damn near acting like a tubeless now - dry).