Quantcast

star-crossed cyclocross

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Skookum said:
blasphemer.... :dancing:
Does somebody around here actually pedal a bike rather than shuttle or ride a ski lift? :p An interesting combination would be someone who downhills all summer riding ski lifts and shutttles, and then jumps into cyclocross. :)

I let my subscription to Bicycling expire-too much road content. Was the story about last years Marymoor Park event? I can tell from watching some of the last Indie Race at Sea-Tac sunday there are a lot of guys tuned up for cyclocross. I know the Marymoor event drew more racers than any mtb race and most road races. Picking up and running with a bike seems kind of weird. It would be a sure way for me to get a genuine DFL.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Borregokid said:
Does somebody around here actually pedal a bike rather than shuttle or ride a ski lift? :p An interesting combination would be someone who downhills all summer riding ski lifts and shutttles, and then jumps into cyclocross. :)
One of the girls on my team does (Mama Beav)! She enjoys doing cyclocross for cross training! She races Dh, XC and Cyclocross...She is hardcore! :D

toughguymagee

Pretty Boi
Jun 1, 2002
crackhouse down the street
Borregokid said:
Does somebody around here actually pedal a bike rather than shuttle or ride a ski lift? :p An interesting combination would be someone who downhills all summer riding ski lifts and shutttles, and then jumps into cyclocross. :) .

That is me! I love riding DH in the summer and getting beat down in the winter on my CX bike. It's a great off season training for any summer cycling. I have actually got more into road riding, etc during the summer...builds a good base for sprinting on DH runs.

mattv2099

Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
Bellingham, WA
The ECC cyclocross series is GREAT. They get 400+ racers per event and it's tons of fun...

MUTOLI said:
One of the girls on my team does (Mama Beav)! She enjoys doing cyclocross for cross training! She races Dh, XC and Cyclocross...She is hardcore! :D
Lol, it's funny when someone is considered hardcore for doing xc and cx! I and many people I know did road racing last spring, mountain bike during the summer, and CX during the fall.