Quantcast

Star Crossed

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Don't know know that unless the 'cross guys start wearing baggies and running around on bit hit bikes, there won't be much interest in that sort of thing on this forum...;)

Looked around and didn't see anything on the web yet either.

mattv2099

Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
Bellingham, WA
the results are up ... try velonews.com.

Carl decker solo'd in for the win. Then Geoff Kabush got outsprinted by Barry Wicks. Tim Johnson in 4th and Russel Stevenson in 5th. Only 14 dudes finished on the lead lap... The top 5 guys were steamrollin and lappin mofo's like they were downhillers wearing baggy shorts.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
mattv2099 said:
Matt-Were those complete results? I didnt see your name in there, the entries would show a number like 76 in the corner but I would only count 30 or so names. I saw a couple of guys names in their that I beat during the XC season and a couple of guys who stomped me. My son said you guys up in Bellingham were doing cyclocross training up there. Hes got a new bike-that CX looks pretty competive. I am afraid I would get pulled from the course.

Counting this weeks Winthrop race I think there are about 19 races between now and the first part of December. CX might be more popular than road or mountain racing.

mattv2099

Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Borregokid said:
Matt-Were those complete results? I didnt see your name in there, the entries would show a number like 76 in the corner but I would only count 30 or so names. I saw a couple of guys names in their that I beat during the XC season and a couple of guys who stomped me. My son said you guys up in Bellingham were doing cyclocross training up there. Hes got a new bike-that CX looks pretty competive. I am afraid I would get pulled from the course.

Counting this weeks Winthrop race I think there are about 19 races between now and the first part of December. CX might be more popular than road or mountain racing.
Hey, Keith.

Actually, those are not complete results. They are pretty much just top 20 or top something as each category was huge.

I skipped this race in the hope that my legs would be fresher for sunday's ECC #2. I went to starcrossed and just watched. There was some exciting racing! I had a bad race at ECC #2 but I'm sitting 2nd overall in Mens B.

I'm glad to hear your son got a CX bike. I'm sure he'll have a lot of fun and tear it up. You should come and watch a CX race. I'm sure you'd do fine in CX. In fact, you'd probably kill the master C 45+ category if you just wanted to give a race or two a try.

later.