Quantcast

Star Wars 9

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Let me guess, a bunch of ridiculous in-your-face CGI to make up for a crappy story that doesn’t make sense?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
There are 9 of them? So you're all saying I missed 6 of them. There was the first one which was actually the third one or some shit. Empire Strikes Back was one. Not sure which one that was. George Lucas must be some kind of asshole. I could never get behind Chewbacca either. What if you were in one of those cool alien bars. After you have had a few pints. You go the head and Chewbacca is in there taking a piss. You notice he has a Red Rocket dick like a Dog? I would lose my Shit?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
ITT: People whose souls are dead.
You know the thing about the Soulless is that will often will pay you to do things for them that they could do for themselves. Why else would somebody let me touch their bike? My tip for 4 hours of bikework was a empty envelope with 2 tickets for a show that night in Buffalo 60 miles from where I was when I opened the envelope marked as Jim/Tip. Nick Mason would have been cool...

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Lando, palpatine, "no one is ever really gone", return of jedi medal, death star pieces....

Disney is really trying hard to reel back in us nerds.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Lando, palpatine, "no one is ever really gone", return of jedi medal, death star pieces....

Disney is really trying hard to reel back in us nerds.
What pisses me off is when hollywood can't come up with anything new. I like a good unique SciFi that is like nothing else or has some original concept, but Episode 7 was an exact rehash of Episode 4, that was wrong on so many levels. Stop trying to remake shit, come up with something new or just keep your shit to yourself.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
What pisses me off is when hollywood can't come up with anything new. I like a good unique SciFi that is like nothing else or has some original concept, but Episode 7 was an exact rehash of Episode 4, that was wrong on so many levels. Stop trying to remake shit, come up with something new or just keep your shit to yourself.
Well, you cant just come up with a beethoven 9th every summer....

Just fresh eye candy with enough consistency to support suspension of disbelief, and allow for emotional connectio for a couple hours...
They should already have that down to a science by now.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Well, you cant just come up with a beethoven 9th every summer....

Just fresh eye candy with enough consistency to support suspension of disbelief, and allow for emotional connectio for a couple hours...
They should already have that down to a science by now.
Like arcing laser cannons.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I'll watch it with my boys we had fun last time. I never go to the movies but I had fun with the last one too fully knowing it just another remake.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I'm afraid JJ will retcon what Ryan Johnson did in the last jedi and make this as unoriginal as the force awakens. I enjoyed that movie but JJ seems to remix other movies with no originality of his own. We see death star, we hear Palpatine. I want the Star Wars world expanded. Not to have the same story rehashed over and over again.

btw. There is a movie topic

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm afraid JJ will retcon what Ryan Johnson did in the last jedi and make this as unoriginal as the force awakens. I enjoyed that movie but JJ seems to remix other movies with no originality of his own. We see death star, we hear Palpatine. I want the Star Wars world expanded. Not to have the same story rehashed over and over again.

btw. There is a movie topic
i did like TFA, but agree that they played it way too safe. The New Hope Awakens is what it should have been called.