Quantcast

Star Wars: Force Awakens Thread (Spoiler Alert)

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Anybody getting kinda bored with the Mandalorian? It's still pretty visually interesting, but what's the plot? Aside from the fact that he's on the run from the bounty hunter guild, and there was a mysterious cape wearing figure at the end of Ep5, what's even going on?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Anybody getting kinda bored with the Mandalorian? It's still pretty visually interesting, but what's the plot? Aside from the fact that he's on the run from the bounty hunter guild, and there was a mysterious cape wearing figure at the end of Ep5, what's even going on?
1576455467757.png

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There was a really interesting backstory for that. Evidently Lucas had to sign off on Spaceballs, but only did so with the stipulation that there could be NO merchandising. Hence, all the references to merchandising in the movie. One of the greats of all time.
What a dumbass. He should have asked for a cut of sales on the merchandising.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
That´d be me.
I havent seen much development, story-wise. Its cool to see boba fetts dropping from the sky to mass murder and shit, but where is the sauce kathleen kennedy?

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
I'm into these past few Mandalorian episodes. His side hustle is walking the galaxy, getting into adventures, and getting that Force-money. Eight straight episodes of him running from Werner Hertzog narrows the character. two episodes left, next one releases Wednesday instead ofFriday, ahead of Rise of Skywalker on Thursday. Which, to illustrate the level of dork I operate on, I took off from work to go see.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I agree with getting kinda bored with it cause the hype of a new show has worn off for me. With these recent side mission episodes I am really hoping they'll get back on track to finding out who this kid is. I've got a bad feeling that we probably wont find out the origin of this kid for many episodes to come (probably next season).

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Ive got tickets for tonight.

Normally i buy tickets for the first star wars show (which was at 00:01hrs today), ever since the force awakens.
but am so unhyped about this movie i forgot util today.
I didnt go to see solo either. Got a torrent and that was it.

Went to buy tickets for the 8pm show... and most seats are available.
It would appear am not the only unhyped star wars fan after last jedi. Will it flop?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
what was really weird was the lack of "magic".

I remember a time when watching a star wars film on openning day meant packed theaters, long lines, people dressed in costumes, kids with lightsabers cheering on some scenes.

There was none of it. The theater wasnt even full, nobody dressed up, zero lightsabers, a few empty seats... and some people even showed up late and joined the movie. It was just another movie.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
what was really weird was the lack of "magic".

I remember a time when watching a star wars film on openning day meant packed theaters, long lines, people dressed in costumes, kids with lightsabers cheering on some scenes.

There was none of it. The theater wasnt even full, nobody dressed up, zero lightsabers, a few empty seats... and some people even showed up late and joined the movie. It was just another movie.
The whole thing jumped the shark a long time ago. I watched TFA on cable and fell asleep, didn't bother with TLJ and won't see this last one either. I used to be a huge fan, spent net days playing X-Wing, TIE Fighter etc., but this last trilogy is nothing but a money grab, and poorly done too.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Yes, totally. Showing I went to only had one Sith dude show up (aren't there always two??).

There was some lackluster cheering at the start of the show at the "Star Wars" splash and when John WIlliams dropped the beat, but hardly any at the end.

Still, going again tomorrow. I think I got what I wanted out of this trilogy's go-around.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I saw it this evening. I don't know what people are trying to get out of their Star Wars movies, but I enjoyed it very much.
you know you want silent battles in space!

people bitching about disney ruining star wars who can not admit that rogue one was better than a new hope and most certainly better acted....those kinds of people...

which reminds me....need to watch ad astra.....

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
do I want to spoil it for myself? I won't see it in theaters...I probably won't even see it till it's on netflix or cable... are there any plot twists worth waiting for, or should I go ahead and kill it for me?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
So who's seen an episode or four of the new Expanse season on Amazon yet?
Is this any good. I love the books, but really don't want to give bezos any more money.
people bitching about disney ruining star wars who can not admit that rogue one was better than a new hope and most certainly better acted....those kinds of people...
Rouge One was the best star wars movie, by far.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Best hard science fiction show of the decade. It is excellent.
^What he said.

Some changes/condensed bits from the books, but well done. The authors are fairly heavily involved afaik, which helps.

We just finished The Witcher. Was pretty good. Never played the game/read the books, but enjoyed the first season quite a bit.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Currently hooked on the Witcher. Loved the last game and really enjoy the show so far. Not sure on some of the casting choices, but I'll roll with it