Quantcast

Star Wars: Force Awakens Thread (Spoiler Alert)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
If she's looking for him, you know who else she's looking for.
Fuck it...this thread says SPOILERS right in the title.

My prediction is that Din Djarin will take Grogu to the Jedi temple and Ezra will come get him (remember Yoda made Ezra a Jedi). Let's not forget Moff Gideon placed a tracker on Din's ship, so perhaps Ezra and Gideon will get there at the same time and battle for Grogu. Maybe Bo Katan shows up too to try and get the darksaber back. Lots of possibilites!

The thought of a live action Thrawn is getting me very excited.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

My prediction is that Din Djarin will take Grogu to the Jedi temple and Ezra will come get him (remember Yoda made Ezra a Jedi). Let's not forget Moff Gideon placed a tracker on Din's ship, so perhaps Ezra and Gideon will get there at the same time and battle for Grogu. Maybe Bo Katan shows up too to try and get the darksaber back. Lots of possibilites!

Cool idea, but doubtful.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

I was thinking that somehow Ezra will come into this and then Ezra and the gang will somehow foil Thrawn's plot and Thrawn for good.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Am so doing this one of these days
So, I didn't do it in quite this order (Last 4 clone wars, revenge of the sith, last 4 clone wars again) and what it did for me is really drive home just how fucking bad revenge of the sith is. Maybe the worst of the three prequels and that is saying a lot when you have to go up against Jar-jar in episode 1. There is more story and feeling and just pure atmosphere in the last hour of TCW then there is in all of the prequels, with none of Anakin being whiny, puerile, sniveling bitch who needs an open handed force pimp slap of the movies. They just aren't even close. It's a miracle the prequels didn't kill the entire franchise.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I thought the latest episode was a lot of fun. I love how the Mandalorian is a bit of a drama queen. Always threatening to kill people right away sticking to his principles set out by the creed only to totally reverse his point of view within minutes.

Only thing that was weak was the way they wrote in he had to take off his jetpack so I could not return quickly to pick up Grogu and he didn't use his remote control of the jetpack either to summon it back.

I understand people love action but I think the best parts are the in between moments like the opening scene where he hangs out with Grogu in the ship.

Bill Burr has an amazing agent that really gets him into all these great things.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
were the ships the stormtroopers rolled up in the equivalent of clown cars......seemed like a never ending supply stormtroopers.....

when they only show 9 or 10 exit and they kill 50 or 60.....what the fuck....

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
One thing is dying at the hands of mandalorian and friends but also to be mocked by a bunch of old mountain bike dues on a dying mountain bike forum is just cruel. So so easy to mock the little guy on the street just trying to kill a bunch of rebel scum but the real problem is management. Give the guys some better training and a little fire power back up would help too.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Outer space war, weapons made from lasers, magical powers that can move objects with your mind, jet packs that allow you to fly anywhere, lots of creatures from various planets both fighting and working together.....all of that stuff is ok. But for fuck sakes, how can you fit a few dozen guys into a spaceship!?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
One thing is dying at the hands of mandalorian and friends but also to be mocked by a bunch of old mountain bike dues on a dying mountain bike forum is just cruel. So so easy to mock the little guy on the street just trying to kill a bunch of rebel scum but the real problem is management. Give the guys some better training and a little fire power back up would help too.
wtf2.jpg

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
As long as they let Filoni drive I'll throw money at them.
This.
As long as Filoni is the boss and quality remains, I´ll buy whatever they put out there plus merch.
I stopped, cold, buying Lego merch when the sequels came. SW suddenly lost a lot of its magic then, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced