Quantcast

Star Wars: Force Awakens Thread (Spoiler Alert)

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
You got like, a spreadsheet for all this shit?

also

WHY DID NO ONE KILL MUFF GIDDYUP!!??

We've obviously got franchise fodder, what the fuck is he still doing breathing? He just makes things difficult :rofl:
When he survived his last attempt to kill somebody with that gun and he still survived he clearly had to be saved to return in future episodes. They kill storm troops left and right but this guy get to survive.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
But what about the span of time between Solo and getting shanked in rebels? You could do like 8 seasons in that timeframe, plus with the Obiwan show in the works there’s room for a crossover. Think of the merch sales you could do with a crossover!
Maul is the natural villain for Obi Wan.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Maul is the rejected clown that any frat boy who beat up theater kids could de-make-up. :rofl:

It is just best to never acknowledge any of the shit that happened in the timeline before the OG star wars. It's all just so terrible.
I don't think it's *that* terrible. Ok, maybe the prequels could have been told in like one movie if you got rid of all the jar jar crap and slow stuff in the 2nd movie, but I thought the storylines at least made sense. They didn't build a (differnet) giant goddamn laser beam thing AGAIN, so you have to give them credit for that. The real tragedy is in the last 3 films and that's just a shitshow of fan service and re-hashing all the same ideas as IV and V and then trying to put that trainwreck together in one final movie that just ends up being ridiculous because it has to stretch so far to put all this random crap together.

When I saw Luke in the last episode of Mando, I had a brief glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe, they'd make a new story and pretend all that bullshit of VII, VIII and IX just never happened. They sure as hell have a good setup for it.

I love the pictures of the sky of exit-gull or whatever it is, where you can see all the stars, like, it's just open space, so all that shit about having to take the back-roads through the woods having to use a holocron or whatever was total BS, I mean in space, you can literally just go around stuff and come back the other way, that's how space works. It was all just a way to fill a bunch of time in the movie going to places to have fight scenes. Evidently you can grow star destroyers like turnips too.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I love the pictures of the sky of exit-gull or whatever it is, where you can see all the stars, like, it's just open space, so all that shit about having to take the back-roads through the woods having to use a holocron or whatever was total BS, I mean in space, you can literally just go around stuff and come back the other way, that's how space works. It was all just a way to fill a bunch of time in the movie going to places to have fight scenes. Evidently you can grow star destroyers like turnips too.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The real issue, and this applies to so many movies these days, is that the story needs to be solid and they shouldn't be doing so much with special effects. For sure, SI is part of science fiction and it's fine to have it, but just because you *can* show something doesn't mean you should, because when you leave nothing to the imagination, it waters it all out. There's no mystery anymore. The SI is being used "in place of" a good story, to the point where it totally defies a good story.

It's more like the flashy stuff is for kids and to give people seizures, to sell a bunch of tickets real fast and offset the cost of the movie. It's more fun to watch movies like Glass or Unbreakable, because they aren't trying to flash a bunch of shit in front of your eyes and present something that might be passable, rather than an entire different alternate universe where there's nothing in common with our daily lives.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
When I saw Luke in the last episode of Mando, I had a brief glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe, they'd make a new story and pretend all that bullshit of VII, VIII and IX just never happened. They sure as hell have a good setup for it.
There are some rumors, by sw youtubers who have been consistently calling SW content in advance, episodes 7-9 will be either ignored in the future (as if they never existed, and no new material will be sourced from it) or somehow deleted from canon (it was only a "force vision").

Apparently, this idea will be further explored in the Ashoka series.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I've read rumors that there is a Luke series in development what would take place after Return of the Jedi. I'd like to see more of the invincible, most- powerful-Jedi-ever Luke that appeared in The Mandolorian.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I don't think it's *that* terrible. Ok, maybe the prequels could have been told in like one movie if you got rid of all the jar jar crap and slow stuff in the 2nd movie, but I thought the storylines at least made sense. They didn't build a (differnet) giant goddamn laser beam thing AGAIN, so you have to give them credit for that. The real tragedy is in the last 3 films and that's just a shitshow of fan service and re-hashing all the same ideas as IV and V and then trying to put that trainwreck together in one final movie that just ends up being ridiculous because it has to stretch so far to put all this random crap together.
actually, i think the prequel trilogy was trying to tell TOO much story for 3 movies, and as a result was all over the place. i rewatched it over the summer and it made a lot more sense watching it this time, a lot of context missing from the movies (the clone wars themselves, the politics of it, anakin's turn to the dark side) was included in the clone wars series (7 seasons total, last 4 were the best).

critiques of jar jar, overly kid friendly stuff, midichlorians, etc still stands.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
exogel is in the unknown regions, which is a region of space that is largely uncharted and little traveled to. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Unknown_Regions

(another piece of context not included in the movie)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I watched Ep I-III again after TCW and they are marginally better. But they still suck. Not even Jar-Jar but rather Hayden and Natalie just being awful and wooden. And Ewan got plump by Ep II.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I am halfway through the first episode of The Bad Batch and so far it is good. I had to shut it off though because I was watching it on the bike trainer, but the workout was getting tough, making it hard to watch on the show. I'll finish it tonight.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Interesting, I was thinking it was going to be earlier not later where they were placed in the time frame, a great place to put a storyline.