Quantcast

Star Wars: Force Awakens Thread (Spoiler Alert)

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
first episode of book of boba fett....underwhelming...
I liked it.
Felt like Star Wars and left me wanting more.

I felt the sarlacc issue was rightly handled. A friend of mine thinks it was to fast and could have been explored in a deeper way. I can see that too

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
As I said elsewhere, sometimes menacing and mysterious supporting characters really fall apart when you try to explain them and/or redeem them.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Didn’t love Boba Fett, didn’t hate it. The main gripe I had was the big fight scene was just so damn slow, it reminded me of a broadway play where everyone so obviously knows which punch is going to come from where and it’s all choreographed together, that and those bad guys were straight out of Power Rangers.

Bigger question is, why the fuck would he stay on Tattoine? That place seems to epically suck, Sarlac, that monster thing they dug up while looking for water balloons, the giant snake thing from Mandalorian, Sand People, all for what? A giant desert shithole that was previously run by a fat worm? Truly a stupid planet.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Bigger question is, why the fuck would he stay on Tattoine? That place seems to epically suck, Sarlac, that monster thing they dug up while looking for water balloons, the giant snake thing from Mandalorian, Sand People, all for what? A giant desert shithole that was previously run by a fat worm? Truly a stupid planet.
Strategic location in the outer rim. Perfect spot to run a crime syndicate. Why do you think the Hutts set up shop there?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
Strategic location in the outer rim. Perfect spot to run a crime syndicate. Why do you think the Hutts set up shop there?
I guess we have to wait and see why Boba stuck around though, he seemed to do okay for himself as a bounty hunter, and got to go to cool spots like Cloud City. Sure he’s rich, but what’s the point of being rich in Tatooine when you could be middle class on Endor? Same reason I live in Thousand Oaks instead of Bakersfield.

You and I both know that the Big Mouse is going to squeeze every last drop of blood from that stone.
Say what you will about the Mouse and consumerism, they’ve done great stuff with both the Star Wars and Marvel universes. Galaxy’s edge at Disneyland kicks ass, they’ve made 5 movies, all of which are reasonably solid, most of their TV stuff has been pretty good (jury is out on Boba). Contrast that to George Lucas, and oof after episode III, I’d hate to see what he would have done with the Force Awakens timeline.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I guess we have to wait and see why Boba stuck around though, he seemed to do okay for himself as a bounty hunter, and got to go to cool spots like Cloud City. Sure he’s rich, but what’s the point of being rich in Tatooine when you could be middle class on Endor? Same reason I live in Thousand Oaks instead of Bakersfield.
Don't forget - even as a bounty hunter he still did a lot of work for - and subsequently had a degree of protection by - the Empire. By the time he's out of the sarlac pit and recovered, the empire has fallen.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
People stay in Florida too.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I watched the first two episodes and I liked them just fine. I am easy to please though. I really like the whole Tusken Raiders backstory and how that explains where he was since crawling out of the Sarlaac pit.

Didn’t love Boba Fett, didn’t hate it. The main gripe I had was the big fight scene was just so damn slow
I thought this too, but then I thought maybe this is what real fight speed looks like and maybe I am just too used to the fast CGI Marvel fighting and John Wick gung fu.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Ok, its officially badass, now stuck on the book of fett. The fact that danny trejo is his rancor trainer is pure awesomeness for us old guys that grew up with the originals. The nod to Black Krrsantan was nice touch for the newbs as well.

The whole rainbow hover vespa gang was a bit much tho.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Since Boba spared Black Chewie's life, doesn't that mean Black Chewie now owes him a life debt? I thought that was a rule or something for the Chewbaccas.

Stephen Root in chapter three was great as well.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
So I think that ultra slow fight scene in Ep1 was on purpose because the scooter chase scene was also super slo-mo. Not sure what they’re going for with those scenes, but overall still enjoying the show.

Where does this fall on the time line? I thought it was supposed to be happening between ROTJ and Mandalorian, but he has his armor, which he got back in the Mandalorian, so are only the flashbacks pre-Mando? Or is he a bit irresponsible and lost his armor again after this?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Where does this fall on the time line? I thought it was supposed to be happening between ROTJ and Mandalorian, but he has his armor, which he got back in the Mandalorian, so are only the flashbacks pre-Mando? Or is he a bit irresponsible and lost his armor again after this?
Same time frame as mando, https://www.gamesradar.com/book-of-boba-fett-timeline-star-wars/

The Book of Boba Fett takes place alongside The Mandaloirna in 9 ABY – nine years after A New Hope and five years after the Emperor’s defeat in Return of the Jedi. Here is the full picture of where The Book of Boba Fett takes place in the Star Wars timeline – as per current canon.

• Star Wars: The Phantom Menace – 32 BBY
  • Star Wars: Attack of the Clones – 22 BBY
  • The Clone Wars – 22 BBY – 19 BBY
  • Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith – 19 BBY
  • Solo: A Star Wars Story – 13 BBY – 10 BBY
  • Star Wars Rebels – 5 BBY – 1 BBY
  • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story – 1 BBY
  • A New Hope – 0 BBY
  • The Empire Strikes Back – 3 ABY
  • Return of the Jedi – 4 ABY
  • The Mandalorian – 9 ABY
  • The Book of Boba Fett – 9ABY
  • Star Wars: The Force Awakens – 34 ABY
  • Star Wars: The Last Jedi – 34 ABY
  • Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker – 35 ABY
I am assuming Boba loses his Armor again since mando had it at the end of his last season later in the timeline.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So I think that ultra slow fight scene in Ep1 was on purpose because the scooter chase scene was also super slo-mo. Not sure what they’re going for with those scenes, but overall still enjoying the show.

Two parts of the timeline. The flashbacks with the tuskens are immediately post rotj when he first escaped the sarlacc. Not sure when the "current" timeline falls, but it can't be that much longer afterwards, because there are other Hutts that have come to claim jabbas property.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Having loved the Mandalorian, was looking for moar in The Book of Bubbasucks. I'll keep on it, tho. What else is there to watch?

Actually, this series has my attention. Watched the first 4 episodes last night. May not be for everyone. Some weird religion thing in that I need closure on which keeps me watching it....

Raised By Wolves (HBOMax)

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
Could have done without some of the Naboo starfighter scene, but otherwise the Book of Mando-fett was pretty solid last night. Seems like some new enemies, and going forward the whole deal is going to be dudes in space armor fucking shit up. That I can get behind.